Production Figures?

DOHCRagtopguy

OK, I take it that nobody has any idea.

Any idea who may have production info? I mean, Pontiac has their historical center, but Olds doesn't.

The thing that brought this on is that article the dude posted about how that writer helped kill off Oldsmobile. I saw the overall production is around 300000, so I was wondering about the ragtop production.

Happy Holidays to all!

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply email cac@oldsmobile.com or call our Oldsmobile Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-442-6537. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

That's where I got these stats.

The following production numbers represent the 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass

Supreme line:

Cutlass Supreme (V-6) 2-dr Coupe 49,895 Total

Cutlass Supreme SL (V-6) 2-dr Coupe 32,015 Total

Cutlass Supreme International Series (V-6) 2-dr Coupe 18,116 Total

Since all there was in '89 was the coupe, I assume they would break it down more for the ragtops and sedans.

Here's the answer I got from GM on the production for 1993 Cutlass Supremes:

'Thank you for contacting the Oldsmobile Customer Assistance Center. I appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to your 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass.

I have researched the information requested and determined that there were 83,013 Cutlass Supreme vehicles produced in 1993. 6,751 of them were convertibles.

I hope this has adequately answered your questions.

If you should need to contact us in the future, please e-mail us again or call our Oldsmobile Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-442-6537. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Again, thank you for contacting Oldsmobile.

Sincerely,

Joanne Danzer

Customer Relationship Manager

Oldsmobile Customer Assistance Center'

Only 83013 Cutlasses in 93? Seems like an awfully low production figure.

That extrapolates out to 8.1% of Cutlass production being ragtops.

Verrrrrrrrrrrrry Interesting!!

i tried to find production numbers for the lumina, but online couldn't find any numbers, but a Chevrolet history book at a Borders told me 82,766 were produced in 94, and about 3500-4500 were Z34s.

interesting numbers about '97 Cuttys...strange the email says thanks for contact Buick when I emailed Olds :D

----------------------------------------------

Thank you for your patience while I researched your question regarding

production totals for the 1997 Cutlass Supreme.

A total of 59,524 Cutlass Supremes were produced in 1997. Out of

those, 10,197 were coupes and 49,327 were sedans. The following is a

breakdown by major option groupings:

--------- -- 1SA -------1SB--------- 1SC

Coupe ---- --- 4,720 ----2,232 ----- 3,120

Sedan ---- ---- 24,475 ----- 13,108 ------10,625

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this

message or call our Buick Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-521-7300

and refer to service request 1-295211605. Customer Relationship Managers

are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.,

Eastern Time.

Again, thank you for contacting Buick and have a Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Sean Armstrong

Buick Customer Assistance Center

For more information regarding the maintenance and care of your

vehicle, please visit

https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home?cmp=occallctr. This free

online service offers vehicle and ownership-related information and

tools tailored to your specific Buick.

those are some nice numbers! I didnt think they kept such detailed records like that for our cars, since you dont get asked for production numbers for a cutlass(or other W) everyday

I asked Buick about my Regal almost a year ago and got this.

------------------------

Thank you for your reply to the Buick Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate your provided us with the VIN for your 1993 Regal Gran Sport.

We have researched the information you are seeking and found that there is only a limited amount of production information available in our database for this model year. There were 6 models available in the Regal series, however, production figures are only available for the coupes and sedans with no further breakout.

There were a total of 25,740 coupes and 57,563 sedans produced for the 1993 model year. We apologize that we are not able to advise how many of those coupes were the Gran Sport model.

You may be interested to know that the original selling price for your Gran Sport was $19,095 and that the improved 3800 V-6 was newly mated this year with the 4T60-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission.

For additional information relating to your Regal Gran Sport we would also suggest that you check out the vintage Buick Clubs that are on the Internet. These clubs have been established by other owners and enthusiasts and will contain a variety of historical information as well as links to other useful sites. You may access some of these Websites using the following links:

http://www.buickclub.org/

http://www.buicks.net/

http://www.buickbombsight.org/

http://members.aol.com/buickohv/ars.htm

http://www.buickgod.com/

We hope you will find these Websites helpful. Please be aware that General Motors neither endorses nor maintains these sites and will not be responsible for any of its contents.

Thank you again for contacting the Customer Assistance Center and for making the Regal your vehicle of choice. We hope this information will be helpful.

We have updated your computer file, 1-203634484, to notate this information. If you should need to contact us in the future, please e-mail us again or call our Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-521-7300. Our Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time. When calling or writing please refer to your service request number above and provide us with your daytime or evening phone number for our records.

Our goal here at the Buick Customer Assistance Center is complete customer satisfaction. If you feel that we have not achieved this goal, please e-mail us again and advise if there is anything more we can do to make you a satisfied GM customer. When writing back please refer to your request number noted above.

We hope your 1993 Regal will provide you with many miles of driving pleasure and that you will consider Buick for all your future transportation needs! Our best wishes to you and your family for a Happy Easter!

Sincerely,

Don Stailey

Buick Customer Assistance Center