Boost of a lifetime

skiiirt

So as some of you recall my heater is a POS and never really seems to work. I bought myself a mini heater to defrost the windows when the heater wasn't up to par. So anyways I'm at a friends house and I forgot to take the heater off the cigarette plug-in and my car is dead. We were tryin to boost it but for some stupid reason we were boosting it the wrong way. His car then mine (stupid mind lapse dunno what we were thinkin) anyways. as I clipped the last one onto the terminal I see a huge spark and think "fuck me this cars ecm is done" so anyways we continue boosting it the right way and once she was started I headed out. Magically that spark of electricity fixed my Electronic Climate Control. Works better than the day it left the dealership

I am the happiest guy in my city right now :)

sooo you reversed the positive and negative?

thats strange.

i think he accidently touched a ground with the positive jumper cable...what he did in REVERSE was he hooked up the cables to the other car first...instead of hooking his up then the car they were jumping it off of...

thats pretty kewl that the climate controls are fixed though!!! :lol:

Heh just reminded me of a buddys mom. She had hip trouble for years.. anything short of surgery had been tried to fix it with no luck. One day she got hit by a car.. bruised up.. and the hip trouble had disappeared.

we had an old tv set once that no repairman could seem to fix, all said it coulden't be fixed, one day i punched the number pad on it, the tv turned off. i turned it back on, almost 6 years later it still works perfectly :?

sooo you reversed the positive and negative?

thats strange.

i think he accidently touched a ground with the positive jumper cable...what he did in REVERSE was he hooked up the cables to the other car first...instead of hooking his up then the car they were jumping it off of...

thats pretty kewl that the climate controls are fixed though!!! :lol:

Same deal.. Reversing the cables and touching the POS to a NEG (GND) source is like touching the POS to the NEG terminal on the battery..

Heh just reminded me of a buddys mom. She had hip trouble for years.. anything short of surgery had been tried to fix it with no luck. One day she got hit by a car.. bruised up.. and the hip trouble had disappeared.

omg that's funny at 9am in the morning :smilielol: