Technical questions for you!

The Snake

Hy guys,

I have a 1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 with the 3,8L. I need to know if the ECM Wiring Harness(All Harness and computer) on a 1998-99 Buick Century/Regal and/or 1999 Pontiac Grand-Prix GT fit on my Z34!

If you have a web site for this or the answer of my question, please, answer my!

Sorry for my english! I talk english just a little bit. But, I understanding well.

Thanks you so much

The Snake

Snake,

The ECM and harness should work on the naturally aspirated 3.8 liter Series II engines. Since the major chasis / frame changes were in 1997 for the Grand Prix and Regal, then again for the Monte Carlo in 2000... I'd choose one from the same year-span (anything from 1997 - 1999). If there was any changes, they should only be minor with added sensors and other gadgets... best of luck!

- RedFox340

Thank you.

You are right undoubtedly!

The salesmen of parts in the dealer do not want to say to me if those of the others are compatible with mine! Then this is why I make rechetche on the Web.

My car had a fire of engine. There I have all the parts necessary to repair it except this thing! It's very expensive in the dealer.

Thank you for information! However, if one among you would find a response, thanks for letting me know it!

And, sorry again for my english!

Actually, there is one major difference, and that is the ECM is on the driver side on the 98-99 Regal and 97+ Grand Prix. On the Monte Carlo, it's on the passenger side. So you will have to extend all the wires, which there are many dozens. Also, the 97+ Grand Prix do not have a firewall connector while Regals do. I don't know if the Monte Carlo has this or not.

Overall, the wire harness is definitely different.

Yes, that is correct, only 98-99 Monte Carlo and Lumina with 3800 engine will have a 100% compatible wire harness.

You could probably use the harness from a 98+ Regal or 97+ Grand Prix, but you would have to modify the wiring.