aiming headlights

Goph

What is the way you do this? Mine are aimed way too high for any good so i need to bring them down. I know the car need to be on flat ground so far from a wall and the light need to be so high off the ground but what are the measurements?

I did do a search but didn't come up with too much.

This is on a 2000 GP if it matter at all. I liked my 95 that just had the level on it to aim them.

I think the car's supposed to be 20 feet away from the screen/wall, and you're only supposed to have a 1/4 tank of gas. I can't remember how high the beams are supposed to hit the wall at though..

The car should be 25 feet away from a wall. You should be on a leveled ground. measure the distance between the ground and the center of each headlight (bulb), transfer it onto the wall while keeping the same distance as between the actual centers of the headlights(bulbs).

The center of each hot spot should be 2.4" lower than the horizontal mark that you have made for each light. Basically, the light should descend 2.4" every 25 feet.

Hope this helps.

Jack

The car should be 25 feet away from a wall. You should be on a leveled ground. measure the distance between the ground and the center of each headlight (bulb), transfer it onto the wall while keeping the same distance as between the actual centers of the headlights(bulbs).

The center of each hot spot should be 2.4" lower than the horizontal mark that you have made for each light. Basically, the light should descend 2.4" every 25 feet.

Hope this helps.

Jack

Thank you, the only problem is that i went out to aim them down some and one of the heads for the screws broke right off so i don't know what to do now, maybe i will buy some new ones that the lenses are clear and not f-ed up like mine.