Well it finally happened

Aaron

I broke a door handle...

Actually, my dad did. He drove it to work, abd parked it until he got off around 9. He goes out, and I guess it was frozen shut. So I guess he pulled it pretty hard, and it snapped off. It just broke off the hing though, it is still on the car. He had to go through the passenger side.

Anyways, where is the cheapest place to get another? Does anyone have a used one?

I'm so weary about opening my door when it's really cold out after reading all these posts about door handles breaking. The other day my door was frozen shut... I unlocked it and pulled on the handle a bit but I also pulled as best as I could on the top of the door to open it. I REALLY don't need to break a door handle right now...

I broke a door handle...

Actually, my dad did. He drove it to work, abd parked it until he got off around 9. He goes out, and I guess it was frozen shut. So I guess he pulled it pretty hard, and it snapped off. It just broke off the hing though, it is still on the car. He had to go through the passenger side.

Anyways, where is the cheapest place to get another? Does anyone have a used one?

Check the J/Y

I got one off eBay from seller "www.1aautomotive.com" With over 66,000 transactions :shock: and a 99.7% positive feedback rate you can't go wrong. Mine has been holding up well for about 2 years now.

i bought one new from a junkyard for about 55 dollars and the thing was a piece of crap it broke 2 days later so i took it back and got my money back so i went to a different junkyard and got 5 of them for 5 dollars so i have 5 for the passenger side and i miled one from billet when i was in highschool. for the drivers side only i didnt get a chance to make a passenger side but the one i made is super strong and looks really good but took about 20 hours to write and perfect the program for a cam machine :D

people need to realize that these things are only meant to be used to unlatch the door, you shouldn't use it to pull the door all the way open. Thats what i would do if i had a 2dr W-body. Does anyone know if berettas had the same problem?

people need to realize that these things are only meant to be used to unlatch the door, you shouldn't use it to pull the door all the way open. Thats what i would do if i had a 2dr W-body. Does anyone know if berettas had the same problem?

They sure did... My buddy had a Green Pace car... Snapped the handle in the winter of 92