frost inside?

GPdriver1986

A few days ago we had -20*C here and when i came out work i had a thin layer of frost on the inside of my windshield. Does this mean that my windshield is leaking or that there was condensation and frost just built up because of the cold ?

Did you clear away all the snow from in front of the windshield?? you probably sucked up some snow, and that creates moisture inside the car. It happens to me all the time. :lol:

Also any time you sit in your car with the engine (and heater/defroster) off your breathing will fog up the windows, and if it's cold enough cause frost.

There's nothing abnormal about a frosted windshield, just run the defroster a while...

Well if you have a leak somewhere and it was windy the last few nights or whenever this happened maybe the air inside your car is colder then outside causing the opposite, but I doubt it!

Lol when you live in Canada sometimes you have to scrap the inside of your windshield while driving if it is cold enough lol. In my friend's Cavalier last year we were out in minus 50 C and had to scrap inside his windshield while we were driving :lol:

- Jeff L.

does your car have good HEAT!?...does it use any coolant... :? ...cause you say you have a leak inside your car....if the floor in the front is wet....and your windshield steams up inside...you could have a bad heater core... :?

Lol when you live in Canada sometimes you have to scrap the inside of your windshield while driving if it is cold enough lol. In my friend's Cavalier last year we were out in minus 50 C and had to scrap inside his windshield while we were driving :lol:
When I was a kid, my mom had a 78 Nova (no AC) that couldn't defrost the windows for shit. Every time we rode in that car, my mom had scrapers for my brother and I so we could scrape the inside of the windows every couple of minutes :lol: ...

i checked the heater core 2 summers ago it was good, the car isn't losing any coolant, but i'll check just to be sure anyways, all i know is that my temp gauage keeps its level constant for the past 2 summers and 1 winter. My heat is strong. I'm pretty sure that i got water leak because i squezzed the hell out of the padding onto my driveway and it was all clear.

i found it a little weird because it was on the inside and its usually on the outside, i'm a little weary because i'm dealing with a minor flooding issue.

You just answered your own question. There's moisture inside the car that's condensing and freezing on your windows.

If you don't have an interior leak, I'll bet that the inside of the trunk is wet.

when my fan motor broke i just got in really good shape. when you're in shape, you breathe less and create more heat. my windows were clear all the time despite the 5 degree days and lack of snow.

To go through an obvious one as well:

Do you have snow on your car mats? If so, get rid of it and avoid tracking any in.

My car is brand new and in -15C to -20C there was a touch of frost developing here-and-there on the windows. Every time the floor vents melted the snow, it would condense and later freeze. I shook out the rug and sucked up the rest and didn't have it again.