Lumina is messed up

f_399

I hit this 2 feet steel pole because i was not looking! PURE STUPIDITY, i think the steel ros went under the car or something

my steering is all messed up. I definitely broke something! i can hardly steer, one wheel is hyper extended and its not balanced.... the upper part of the fron wheel is leaning inside!

when i drive the wheel screeches! i drove like 1 mile to bring it home

i something in the suspension or steering ic very messed up

i will have to get the car towed to pep boys and have it fixed, i cant drive it

how much do you think?

i will have to get the car towed to pep boys and have it fixed, i cant drive it

DON'T BRING IT TO PEP-BOYS!!!

I've heard so many horror stories about that place it's rediculous. I would bring it to a tire/suspension shop to get it checked out.

Your best bet is to take it to a body shop that has frame straighten ablities.

That's there business, fixing crashes. :roll: Plus you can get a good estimate so you know where you stand.

Jud

No don't know of a good body shop in Dallas. Only been ther 4 or 5 times.

Ask your insurance agent. If you don't want them to know :D just call up any agent in your area. Then theres alwys the yellow pages. :roll:

Jud

any local area junkyard around here knows one thing, pep boys rips people off bad, they have cars from pep boys that people junked because they said they would cosy some crazy price to fix. for example to spin ballance a tire should be no more then $5 a pop, pep boys charges $11.99 PER WHEEL, off car.

now your damage.

where did the impact occur?

which wheel is shoved back?

look under the car, is your lower radiator support damaged?

are the "ears" for the control arom mounting bent?

are there any noticeable kinks in the frame rails?

any body damage?

does your engine look normal in the engine bay?

just from what you have said, your looking at a new engine cradle and control arms at least.

at worst you may need a new lower radiator support, and some time on the frame machine getting things straightened out

any local area junkyard around here knows one thing, pep boys rips people off bad, they have cars from pep boys that people junked because they said they would cosy some crazy price to fix. for example to spin ballance a tire should be no more then $5 a pop, pep boys charges $11.99 PER WHEEL, off car.

They charged $9.99 here, which is still a fucken rip. They claim "cost of wheel weights" which in reality is what, 8 cents each? I know they need to pay off the machine, but god damn!

i hit the left wheel. I dont know if the right is damaged too

i mainly hit the front left side. it wont steer right to i dont know whats wrong

I have to get it towed somewhere to fix

thanks for the help guys

pep boys is the only shop i know

i hit the left wheel. I dont know if the right is damaged too

i mainly hit the front left side. it wont steer right to i dont know whats wrong

I have to get it towed somewhere to fix

thanks for the help guys

pep boys is the only shop i know

i did almsot the exact same thing the top of the wheel and tire were angled into the wheel well, I couldnt steer the one way it screeched when i drove straight... etc etc.

I took mine to canadian tire here and they fixed it for about $400 CDN with local junker parts and a couple new parts.

Watch they grease everything they fix!!! They didn't with mine! asses

Actually I did it exactly a year ago

but mine was covered by my employer because they didnt salt the driveway. :twisted:

I took mine to canadian tire

Like every one on here is saying Pep Boys isn't the best.. I think Canadian Tire is aboslutely the worst place to take a car to get fixed in Canada. I've never heard anything good about them and my Dad once had his tires balanced there, when he got the car back they shaking worse then when he took the car in :?

- Jeff L.

Trus me it wasn't my first choice it was a sunday i needed the car fixed asap (only vehicle) and it needed to be done! I watched everything they did and had my brother in law with me t make sure they didn't **** me over.