HIDs

Carotop

Could you get them from a parts store?
There was a short-lived local chain called "Auto Fun," which closed its doors a few years ago that sold them. I haven't seen them in any local stores lately. Maybe you could find a "tuner" shop (ya know, a "rice boy" shop) and see if they sell them :shrug: ...

Yes, the halogen capsules can be pulled out of the sealed beam miniquad housing. Aftermarket HID bulbs designed to fit 9005 and 9006 will fit right into them. The neck with O-ring gets pressure-fit into the sealed beam housing. Rebased D2S or D2R bulbs will NOT fit because they don't have the O-ring neck.

It's almost impossible to find projectors that will fit in the tiny space of a miniquad sealed beam headlight, they are only something like 2" tall. I have seen a tiny projector that can fit that small space, the projector that's used in the Audi A2. I think it's made by Bosch, and it's very small. They're hard to find though, since A2's aren't sold in the US.

If you can get E-code projectors, that would be better than DOT projectors, IMO.

damn...HID projectors in the mini quad housing would be fuckin AWSOME!!!...it'd prolly be harder then hell to make though...someone should make some!!!!...if they're kewl, i'd buy em! :lol:

I wouldn't think projectors would be that hard to do if you have the right stuff. I don't think I would like those. I PMed GrandPrix34 about some of the set-ups he sells. Would you have to put a clear lense on to get the full effect or is the one on there fine?