Exhaust Question

CutlassSL91

I'm looking to put dual exhaust i my '91 Cutlass (a cat-back). I've heard that you can put one on if you cut one off of another 1st gen W-body. My question(s).

Does it make a difference weather it is off of a Z34, GP, or Dual exhaust Cutlass? (Different sound between them?) and What all is involved?

(Sorry if something like this was posted before)

The earlier ones are best ('91-92 and all TGP) they're 2 1/4, have no resonator and the muffers are a normal size. Others, especially 3.4L and Z34's have a resonator, and huge garbage can size mufflers. Watch out for '92+ 3.1 equipped cars with the duals- the pipe is 2" instead of 2 1/4 between the cat and Y pipe.

Not wanting to hijack the post. Is the pipe to the driver side exhaust smaller than the exhaust pipe? Would it be worth while just to pull the driver side exhaust off and just get a bumber with a single exhaust outlet?

Would it be worth while just to pull the driver side exhaust off and just get a bumber with a single exhaust outlet?

that's a new one....."I have dual exhaust and I want to convert it to single outlet" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Would it be worth while just to pull the driver side exhaust off and just get a bumber with a single exhaust outlet?

that's a new one....."I have dual exhaust and I want to convert it to single outlet" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not wanting to hijack the post. Is the pipe to the driver side exhaust smaller than the exhaust pipe? Would it be worth while just to pull the driver side exhaust off and just get a bumber with a single exhaust outlet?

YES IT WOULD!! (if you're talkin about your cutty)...cause i'll buy your dual outlet bumper off of you if its in good shape! :lol:

I would also like to get some kind of extentions for the back to hide more of the underneath of the car because I think it looks like the back is jacked up into the air, and It even has the SL/International style body moulding. I could cut out openings for the exhaust. I don't know, any ideas are appreciated!!!!