ALL ONE COLOR...Part 2: Poll...

gmrulz4u

Mono or Not?  

1. 1. Mono or Not?

• All one color
    • Ground effects in different color

Now I have a new question regarding 1988-1991 Supreme Internationals(2-door only).

What do YOU think looks better?

All one color, or not(ex. Gray ground effects, white body or silver ground effects, black body etc)?

PS If you don't have any pics to judge, look at the first posts concerning this issue...

One solid color looks trillions upon trillions of times better....there are only 2 cars where the 2 tones look better. An explorer eddie bauer edition, and a toyota 4 runner limited (pearl white with grey)

I will admit that I have seen a BEAUTIFUL Cutlass 2 door that was black with silver ground effects, but I have also seen a solid black one that looked sweet. I rarely see internationals that are solid, so be differant, and go with that. Same to you Brian. I see a lot of blue and grey, and blue and silver Cutlasses, but I have never seen a solid blue one. I think that would be sweet as well.

I think 2 tone looks only good in lighter colors (white, etc).. mono always looks good with darker colors.... The ugliest (at least to me) is the solid black with very light gray body efx.. way too ghettoo.... :)

I wish the base GM white color for the early cutties was a bit more off-tone (like that gorgeous triple-coat pearl white on Cadillacs) Didn't someone repaint there's on this forum with that color?

I think it depends on the color, but normally I like monochrome.

I never had any desire to paint my 89 monochrome though. When I first got it, I thought I'd like it better in monochrome. Then I saw a red 91 SL which had the optional ground-effects and looked just like mine but monochrome. Honestly, I didn't like it at all. Looked too plain. Maybe it was the 15" wheels that did it, or maybe I'm just too used to the way mine looks, but I've really become quite fond of the red body and light silver ground-effects. I haven't considered monochrome since. I always turn and look at the car as I walk away from it, I like it that much.

BUT I've seen a black one like mine with light silver ground-effects, and I thought it looked ugly. With black, I definitely prefer monochrome, although dark gray ground-effects look good on a black car too (98+ Regal GS in black with dark gray on the bottom is one example of it looking good).

My recommendation would be to Photoshop it both ways. Put the pics side by side and stare at them long and often. The more you stare at them, the more clear it should be which way you like it.

I always turn and look at the car as I walk away from it, I like it that much.

holy shit can i ever relate to that :D I always look back at my car to assure myself im driving a phat looking car, and when i look back the answer is always a happy yes