TRUNK RATTLE!!!!

MoTox8410

so i got my amp and subs and new headunit in but the trunk rattles HORRIBLY!!!! THE worst i have ever heard a trunk rattle + my trunk already had some "play" in it to where it could move a bit when lached so what is the cheapest way to raattle proof it--i have 0 dollas to spend on it

its a 93 Z34

just if you are wondering its a 2 MTX 12's 5500 a kenwood 800 watt amp and the JVC 4600 i think

bumps hard as hell!!!

well...if it had some PLAY in it...you might wanna adjust the latch down a lil to make the trunk latch tighter...that might help out some...maybe some dynamat!? :? ...otherwise i dunno...if/when i get my system in my car i'll prolly have the same problem :lol:

If you have some old shirts put them in all the spaces between the trunk skin and all the suports. If you have a spoiler make sure the bolts are tight and you may want to put some type of rubber between it and the truck if you can. As for anything else you will not be able to do much with out some type of dynamat or something else on it.

If you have some old shirts put them in all the spaces between the trunk skin and all the suports. If you have a spoiler make sure the bolts are tight and you may want to put some type of rubber between it and the truck if you can. As for anything else you will not be able to do much with out some type of dynamat or something else on it.

already put rubber washers in between the spoiler and trunk and what u mean between the the trunk skin and supports

my 88 cutty supreme also has.. or shall i say had a lot of rattle. anyways to get rid of it i put some weather stripping inbetween my tail lights and rear bumper, and that suprisingly got rid of a lot of it, also tightened all the shit in my spare tire area. the only thing that still rattles is the trunk lock, imma throw some dynamat on it and that should do the trick.. i also noticed when my subs pick up low bass my heat-shield rattles.. this will be coming off soon, im sure i wont need it that badly anyways :roll: it also helps if your subs are facing toward the front of the car.. you dont really needa have em the otherway cuz people wont be seeing to much of em. anyways i hope i somewhat helped although we have different cars.. in case you were wondering i got two 12" Kicker CompVR's powered by a 720w Jensen amp, in a custom box

Mine rattles like a crazy. I put two layers of second skin sounddeadener(stfu80) in there and it decreased by about 75-85% I had to even sound deaden above and below the rear deck because the rear window the pannel and would vibrate so much.

My trunck lid moves so much that I exploded the plastic trim along the trunck lid that covers the lock.

And a word of advise to anyone with a Aftermarket stereo in a W-body car. CHECK YOUR BUMPER BOLTS PERIODICALLY. Mine almost fell off last summer.

If your subs are facing the rear...thats your problem. I tried many different positions for my subs when I had them, and it sounded the best facing forward, sitting almost all the way back. I understand this varies between cars and subs and what not, but give it a shot if you can and haven't. I also noticed a ton of this rattle noise crap when I faced them torwards the rear, which is why I mention it.

It could be your license plate as well, but i dunno what you can do with the lumina setup as it is. Also, get some expanding foam and spray it in the trunk holes. This really helped get the last bit of noise out of my car. That along with dynamat in the trunk and under the rear seat, the stereo couldn't be heard outside of the car with the windows up...other than a faint beat (with normal listening levels, not trying to blast my ear drums out). This was with a soundstream reference 500 amp and 2 soundstream exact 10s.

Might want to also check the gap between the trunk lid an the sort of frame thing on the other side. My car had some tpye f glue in there that was all cracked loose so the trunk lid rattles on the frame put.

- Jeff L.

already put rubber washers in between the spoiler and trunk and what u mean between the the trunk skin and supports

Might want to also check the gap between the trunk lid an the sort of frame thing on the other side. My car had some tpye f glue in there that was all cracked loose so the trunk lid rattles on the frame put.

- Jeff L.

that is what i was trying to say