so thats how my cars supposed to run...

White93z34

as many of you know i wrecked my car recently, and in the putting it back together, i have been catching up on overdue matniance now that i have access to a lift afterhours, recently i fixed my o ring leak, changed sparkplugs, changed fuel filter, changed tranny fluid and filter, and DAMN my car runs soooo much better now, it pulls and gathers speed like never before, and to think i drove it for a year not knowing what i was missing out on. and for what its worth change your fuel filter if you never have, they get pluged up alot.

well I was told a way to get it off is to heat the nut till its glowing red then throw cold water on it really wuick to kkol it down and th econtraction will release the ceasure of it. I gotta do it soon im sure mines clogged to shit my gas milage is getting worse

well I was told a way to get it off is to heat the nut till its glowing red then throw cold water on it really wuick to kkol it down and th econtraction will release the ceasure of it. I gotta do it soon im sure mines clogged to shit my gas milage is getting worse

um you want to take it off, WHILE its red, (it will expand and soften the metal)

then trow water on it to cool it down, but eh...open flame on a gas line is dumb...

um you want to take it off, WHILE its red, (it will expand and soften the metal)

then trow water on it to cool it down, but eh...open flame on a gas line is dumb...

:werd:

Good, Chris. Glad the Z is running like a champ again. :D :D Next time you're on an open road at night, and you're sleepy, you open both the windows and stick your head out. You ain't wrecking that car again, bubba. :nono:

Good, Chris. Glad the Z is running like a champ again. :D :D Next time you're on an open road at night, and you're sleepy, you open both the windows and stick your head out. You ain't wrecking that car again, bubba. :nono:

thats a load, at least for me. just pull over and snooze

no I mean while its on the car heat it till its red then throw water on it then the contraction will have broken the rust ring, a mechanic told me thats how they do it

PB blaster and a line wrench......

....doesn't work

then your fuct :lol: :wink:

:lol: i know :lol:

well, i guess YOU'RE NOT...you got a new truck :lol: ...its now the problem of whoever gets your car!

DUDE THE NUT YOU HEAT THE NUT AT THE END OF THE FILTER

DUDE...the nut is part of the filter...and the filter is hooked to the fuel line through that NUT...BUT, go ahead and try that if you want... :roll: ...i WOULD'NT RECOMMEND IT!... :?

i would highly sugest against takeing a torch to a gasline, or anywhere near the tank for that matter, i'd probably be your funeral. and as cool as a 30ft fireball looks when a gastank explodes (i've seen it) i would not want to be under 3300lbs of car when it hapiens

Wait a minute!! If the filter is clogged, you should be getting better Gas mileage, seeing a how there isn't as much gas going through :lol:

can you tell if your filter needs to be changed by the amount of presure on your fuel line?

yes you can...if you do a pressure test and you find the pressure is low...one of the first things to replace would be the fuel filter...