Low trac messes with brakes?

hosser

Ok my abs light is on, because the plug correded on the pass, rear wheel and i am to lazy to replace it, plus i dont like abs anyhow. When i get on the brake really hard in the snow the low trac lite comes on and then i hear a clicking noise and almost like a gridning noise and my pedal makes weird gitters and it feels like i have abs, and it brakes all shitty. What is up with this?

all the noise and petal feel is all part of the abs doing its job, that low track light is to indicate that your abs has activated
:werd: Couldn't have said it better myself...

and since you have a bad wheel sensor you have "3 channel" abs as it is, that wheel can probably be locked causing weird things

Fix the ABS if you live in the snowbelt it aint bad, pull the abs fuses if you live in Texas

My low trac light comes on when i take a corner too fast and the wheels dont grip all the way

Uh these cars have no technology to do that. Like everyone said, the light comes on ONLY when brake pressure is being modulated. I'd figure it'd take one hell of a beating for that light to start coming on around corners.

I could see it, you take a turn pretty fast and you're on your brakes. Especially if it's wet, your inside wheels will come to "lock" faster than your outside wheels (same brake pedal position, slower spinning speed) and ABS kicks in.

I could see it, you take a turn pretty fast and you're on your brakes. Especially if it's wet, your inside wheels will come to "lock" faster than your outside wheels (same brake pedal position, slower spinning speed) and ABS kicks in.

yeah...i have kicked my LOW TRAC light on going around corners also...you have to be on the brakes though...a couple times i wasnt even hard on the brakes and it came on...i prolly hit some loose stones or something...

Actually, i have seen some GM's that have a LOW TRAC light that comes on when it detects wheel spin, and kicks in the traction control. Although, I can't remember if it was on a W or not. :shrug:

Actually, i have seen some GM's that have a LOW TRAC light that comes on when it detects wheel spin, and kicks in the traction control. Although, I can't remember if it was on a W or not. :shrug:

my Colorado does, but a first-gen w-body won't

my Colorado does, but a first-gen w-body won't

yeah...my mom's '02 alero will do that...but, like stated above...a gen I w-body won't...

• 6 months later...

I have the exact same thing happening with my car right now, and its damn annoying. How do I fix it? What do these connectors look like? What other things whould I be looking for?

My low trac light comes on when i take a corner too fast and the wheels dont grip all the way

Uh these cars have no technology to do that. Like everyone said, the light comes on ONLY when brake pressure is being modulated. I'd figure it'd take one hell of a beating for that light to start coming on around corners.

Actually, they do. 95+ cars have the capability to display a low traction light and I know for fact Montes have it. All it does is turn on the light when wheel slip is detected. There's no traction control. It's basically just an FYI light.

I have the exact same thing happening with my car right now, and its damn annoying. How do I fix it? What do these connectors look like? What other things whould I be looking for?

What exactly is it doing, because the above described is what happens when ABS is kicking in, it's normal.

My ABS light is continuously on, and every now and then I'll get the Low Trac light and get that clunking type noise and lose some of the brake effectiveness, this is generally in low speed situations (i.e. parking) where there is no way I actually have low traction.

It is possible for the ABS system to work "partially" even with the light on? IF you don't care about ABS/don't wanna fix it.. maybe try pulling the ABS fuse.

The only time I EVER have the low trac light come on is when my ABS kicks in when it's slippery (all the time in the winter when it snows). I've never had it come of from hard cornering, or spinning the tires (or brake stands).

Guest Anonymous

my sedan had the LOW TRAC light, as well as the ABS one. I never saw the abs light come one, but the low trac light was always coming on in the snow and when i cornered to fast.

When I used to drive my car in teh winter, My ABS light would come on and stay on for long periods of time if I broke hard on ice or slick snow.....

why would it do that. I still had abs, cause i could hear the brakes clicking even with the light on.