OPERATION

Guest Gp crazy

Guest Gp crazy

Sunroof-power slected block 1990 grand prix

"All models are operated by an electric motor located in the headliner, Above the windshiled. A Reversible motor opens and closes the sliding glass panel. (THE GOOD PART) The sunroof can be operated manually By removeing the rubber plug in headliner. Use Handcrank(in glove box) to turn driving gear and close & open the panel."

Now Has any body found their rubber plug yet ? because i don't see one ? nor-do i see a handcrank in the glove box either? this is from 1998 mitchell repair info. I found this in my friends computer at work ?

lol

Jeff b 8)

I remember my parents had a 76 Monte Carlo when I was a kid that had a moonroof. One time it crapped out and they had to use the hand crank to close it. Maybe whatever was written in the manual was a vauge recollection of a bygone era, and not at all factual.

My Regal has no such "trim plug," nor is there any "hand crank" anywhere to be found. Also no mention of it in the owner's manual. I think if the moonroof's motor were to crap out, you're SOL...