Oldsmobile Intrigue INFO WANTED

CuttySup

Well, the Aurora idea is scrapped. Now I'm thinking Intrigue for my next car. I was just wondering if the 3.5L DOHC V-6 engine has the two-piece block design that the Northstar has. And, has anyone got any reliablilty info about this engine?

I was just wondering if the 3.5L DOHC V-6 engine has the two-piece block design that the Northstar has

I don't think it is, but don't quote me on that. I know though that there reliable, I havn't heard many problems with them, but for the same performance you can get a 3.8.

I was just wondering if the 3.5L DOHC V-6 engine has the two-piece block design that the Northstar has

I don't think it is, but don't quote me on that. I know though that there reliable, I havn't heard many problems with them, but for the same performance you can get a 3.8.

I almost bought one of those a while ago. The early ones came with the 3.8 and the '99-'02 had the 3.5 "shortstar" v6. It's basically a smaller modified northstar block. I don't know much about longevity for that particular application, but from what I know northstar's do pretty well.

I almost bought one of those a while ago. The early ones came with the 3.8 and the '99-'02 had the 3.5 "shortstar" v6. It's basically a smaller modified northstar block. I don't know much about longevity for that particular application, but from what I know northstar's do pretty well.

Yes, the '98 was the first and only year for the 3.8 in that car. I would like to have the twin-cam, however, just because it isn't the in-every-fucking-sedan-GM-has 3.8, and it is exclusive to the Intrigue and Aurora.

OR.........if you want performance, try finding one of the earlier "Autobahn" package cars with the LX5 (98-99 were the only years IIRC).

This gets you a better suspension, 11.9in front brakes (GMPP now sells these as a performance upgrade for GTP's) and a 126mph governor (vs 108mph).

That'd be my vote...........

OR.........if you want performance, try finding one of the earlier "Autobahn" package cars with the LX5 (98-99 were the only years IIRC).

This gets you a better suspension, 11.9in front brakes (GMPP now sells these as a performance upgrade for GTP's) and a 126mph governor (vs 108mph).

That'd be my vote...........

Aren't those rare? And I thought they were only offered on Aurora's. Also I thought the 3.8 was offered through the whole production of the the Intrigue?

Actually, I correct myself. The 3.8 was the only available engine for '98. It was standard on the '99 with the 3.5 optional. In 2000 it was dropped altogether. They were trying to attract younger customers that liked imports. But they got the usual Olds grandpa customers anyway.

I just bought a 01 with 103k on it runs like a champ smooth as butter, the rest of the car is unbelivable. Smooth ride luxurious interior, and exelent handling. I think it better then a 4.0 Aurora daefinatly has more pep

Actually, I correct myself. The 3.8 was the only available engine for '98. It was standard on the '99 with the 3.5 optional. In 2000 it was dropped altogether. They were trying to attract younger customers that liked imports. But they got the usual Olds grandpa customers anyway.

i don't know too many people my age who think sedans are cool....

i don't know too many people my age who think sedans are cool....

You must not know many people. :lol: My sedan is cool. :D

most people my age that i know think of cool cars as being Mustangs, Eclipses, bright red Stratus RT Coupes, etc. all two-door.