cool "popping" noise...

bartonmd

Question... I have this cool "popping" noise when I enter a right hand turn... I can feel it, so I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the cradle or body (instead of an outer suspension component). It actually sounds like somebody pounds on the passenger floorboard. Is this something common, or am I going to have to do some troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Mike

sorry... should have ellaborated... it's only one pop per turn, and doesn't happen in the second right hand turn in a row... only happens after you've been going straight for awhile or if you just came from a left turn.

I almost think it's the body pannel in the passenger floor being dented or something (like somebody stomped on it or something) and as the far flexes, it pops from concave to convex or vice versa... I don't know.

any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

( just changed the tires and suspension awhile back, along with the oil, and as of a month ago, there wasn't any busted boot down there.)

my Cutlass also pops during any slow turn, and whevever i hit the gas or release the gas

my CV boots are good, and i don't think the joints themselves are bad because there isn't any bad vibration or clicking.

my cradle bolts torqued to spec too....