cutlass convertible weather stripping

briandors

has anyone replaced the rubber weather stripping around the windows on their convertible? in particular, the rubber at the bottom edge of the rear windows is in bad shape on my car. is this tough? if not, where can i get the parts?

thanks.

brian

Someone has done it. He said you can only get 1 side and to drill out some rivets or something so the 1 side can be used on the other side.

I keep thinking I need to get a new one, just haven't gotten around to ordering it yet.

They must have used some really low-grade vinyl, I think this weatherstrip is bad on EVERY convertible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Is the weather stripping still for sale? And is it the stuff on the outside of the rear windows? Anyone know if you can order some for another car and make them fit?

• 3 weeks later...

I did this to my 93 vert. get the door window strips from the mid 90's camaro or trans am.

you just take off your convertible trim that covers the seal (three screws in trunk and one under B pillar trim), drill out the rivets on your old seals and cut the replacement to match the shape and length and predrill the rivet holes. Then rivet it back on. I would recommend shaving off a bit of thick part of the new seal or it will push the trim piece out. Use new double sided tape on the trip and reinstall the screws.

post-6042-143689099758_thumb.jpg

post-6042-14368909977_thumb.jpg

post-6042-143689099783_thumb.jpg

Edited by xennith