Ridiculous seat troubles

SmokesGTP

So I sit down in my car tonight and the motherfuckin, cocksuckin seat breaks! I have to ride home bracing myself with the fuckin steering wheel.

It broke where the actual part you sit on connects to the part that controls the movements of the power seat. Metal just snapped. It's tough to explain. Anyway, I have a feeling a brand new fuckin seat is going to be the only way to fix this problem and I have a feeling thats gonna run me 800 or so bucks with all the power nonsense. Anyone have any idea about what to do here?

Boneyard all the way. Seeing as you need a seat right away, grab anything that'll fit for the time being (from another W-Body, of course) so you can buy yourself some time to find one that matches...

I find that the "Pick-A-Part" boneyards have the least expensive seats...

I'm only 220 :lol: but I'm 6'3" so I have the seat reclined quite far, theres not much headroom in these cars with the moonroof. I think it puts a lot of pressure on the supports. I guess I could take it apart, it seems like the piece should be replaceable but I'm not sure. I'm gonna run by the dealers tomorrow and see exactly what needs to be fixed or If I need a new seat.

you should try taking the seat off yourself. dealers are gonna charge you up the ass just for looking at it. It shouldn't be too hard to see what's wrong with it anyways. sounds to me like it's just the frame. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to replace just that and keep your stock seat if you don't want to go with another style.

you should try taking the seat off yourself. dealers are gonna charge you up the ass just for looking at it. It shouldn't be too hard to see what's wrong with it anyways.
:werd: You only have to remove 4 bolts on the floor to get the seat out. It'll take you 15 minutes, tops to get the seat out.

I'm sure it's the seatback that's broken. It's not worth fixing, IMHO, when you can easily find the same seat at a boneyard.

Try searching http://www.car-part.com ...