AC Delco Speakers

skiiirt

With this talk about rear speakers (since it got locked)

I was wondering if it is possible to get replacement speakers from AC Delco. I have a 92 supreme and I dont really want infinity speakers and I love the sound of mine even though they are half blown

Well, Parts Express DID have some for super cheap:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=269-564

Those are factory speakers, and they ocassionally have a large buyout like they did there, but they are sold out. Intrestingly enough, most factory speakers are made by big name companies (ie, Pioneer, Onkyo, etc), but are just cheap and crappy most of the time.

I'd personally keep checking back at Parts express from time to time to see if they ever get some more of those back in. Otherwise, jump on ebay, I'm sure you could find someone selling some on there.

I called up my local olds dealer. They want $130.00 each for them brand new. I just laughed. There is a guy selling 6x9's and he has 2 available for $9.99 but the part numbers do not match

They gave me 16083433

the ebay auction is 16120930

tough luck for me. guess i will keep waiting

only thing that gets me is that gm parts direct wont ship to canada

they are listed at $54USD each on gmpartsdirect.com

I sure wish I lived in America

I just want to keep my car as close to stock as I can. I love my bass booster. I would rather listen to blown speakers than not have my bass boost

Ive bought alpine speakers before and I can honestly say if you dont have a sub its not worth it

I love the way my stock system sounds too...(Gotta love the 'Premium Sound' option...but when one of my shitty paper cones in the rear 6x9s fell apart and started sounding like ass, I just went and grabbed a pretty much identical cone from a 94 GTP in the wrecker yard...$5....canadian... not bad, eh?

YK

I love the way my stock system sounds too...(Gotta love the 'Premium Sound' option...but when one of my shitty paper cones in the rear 6x9s fell apart and started sounding like ass, I just went and grabbed a pretty much identical cone from a 94 GTP in the wrecker yard...$5....canadian... not bad, eh?

YK

I'm curious how the premium sound option sounds in the '95-97. You have the amp that drives a bass signal to the rear speakers just like the '89-92 Cutlass Supreme, but the stereo controls it instead of the user. Then you have separate tweeters for the fronts. It probably does sound very good.

YK

I'm curious how the premium sound option sounds in the '95-97. You have the amp that drives a bass signal to the rear speakers just like the '89-92 Cutlass Supreme, but the stereo controls it instead of the user. Then you have separate tweeters for the fronts. It probably does sound very good.

I can safely say that I have a great sounding system...nobody believes its factory until I tell them to look at the uncovered speakers in the rear shelf...check the trunk to see that I have no sub...etc... My friend has a very good sub setup in his Civic...including a pair of 12"s that hit pretty hard... but most people prefer the sound of my system overall...I get plenty of bass and its just generally a clean sound... When I first started dating my current G/f, she'd know I'd arrived because she could hear my beat from inside her house. No jokes... now I have to turn down my volume before I get to the driveway :lol:

Yea, they actually sound pretty good. My 89 GS has the Concert Sound II package, Which I believe is the buick version of the premium sound. Even with my laptop, running through a cassette adapter, it still sound better than a lot of aftermarket decks. Very clean, and a lot of bass. It's not bad for a 15 year old factory deck.

I definitley do agree delcos are good for the time they were made. I can turn mine up to about 25 with loud on and still be able to hear it pretty clear outside with the doors closed.

I've got my TGP's CD Player running my stereo system in my garage. I'll have to post pictures sometime, it sounds pretty damn good. 8)

How'd you rig that up? Like the harness? I'd love to use one of my old decks for a stereo in my garage :lol: :lol:

How'd you rig that up? Like the harness? I'd love to use one of my old decks for a stereo in my garage :lol: :lol:

It wasn't that bad.. I just rigged up an old AT power supply under my work bench, and that supplies the 12+ volts. THe power and accessory wires get wired to the 12+ volts, and I connected the pink wire of the TGP's auxiliary door speaker amp to the +12V also. Front speaker outputs go to the TGP's 6x9's on mounted in the boxes on the ceiling. Those outputs also go to the inputs on the auxiliary amplifier, and that amplifier runs the little Polk 4x6's on the walls. I had some big, OLD Ross Pro Audio speakers connected to the rear channel outputs of the headunit, but I have since removed those to gain more storage space. Now, there is a small 6 1/2" Roadmaster Tube Sub hooked up to the right channel. Not much low end, but some. It'd be nice if the CD player actually worked (it worked alright until I tried to make it work better), but all I have is AM/FM radio. I'm getting a USB FM transmitter for the PC to pipe the PC sound to the radio. The radio stations here suck, so internet radio is a must.

Here's some pics, and a video of the incredible sound quality. :lol: I didn't resize the pics, so they are 1600x1200, pretty large files.

http://www.lukez34.com/hostedpics/garage

Note: The video is decieving. Since it's a compressed file, the audio sounds like crap, but have faith that it sounds much better than that in person. If it didn't, it wouldn't be there. lol :lol: