need help from someone with a 5 spd Z34

threefourtee

hi

I am doing a complete package swap into my fiero rebody kit car and need some pix of the shifter levers on the trans for each of the gear positions;

1 - 5th and then N and Reverse as well.

If someone can help with this it is GREATLY appreciated...... I have to rig up a shifter and cables and make something work; it would prob be a good starting point to know what I am trying to do LOL!!

Thanks to anyone who can do this; it is NOT critical but I want to start looking now. I know how long it takes sometime to 'get around to it'....... :oops:

not a 5spd Z34, but PM: 93RegalGS ....he has a 5spd DOHC Cutty....so it should be exactly the same

you should also be able to get the help that you need from Pennock's ...the address for that site is http://www.fiero.nl ......that is assuming that for some strange reason that you have never heard of Cliff's site...the DOHC is a common swap over there..

oh yeah I know PFF; the problem is that virtually EVERYone who does that swap uses a fiero trans of some sort; and NObody keeps (or has, in the first place) the 284.

I am keeping the 284 that was in the Lumina I got but can't find .....hardly any help on using it etc.

I went thru about 10 pages of members and couldn't find that guy; do you happen to have his email handy?

thanks

gp

I'll get you some pics, but you need to give me some time. COme this Christmas time, I will be doing tranny swaps with both my red and white 5-speeds. Both are factory 3.4L TDC/284 equipped. BUt there isn't much difference in gear positions, the cables don't move much. I hope my pics will be able to show it. They will be large however, coming form a 5 megapixle camera.

I will get you pics of where the cables enter the tranny, and where they attach to the shifter. Will you need any more?

hi Aaron

thanks; I sent you an email about one of your trannys a while ago.

I am NOT in a rush but 'starting to roll the ball' on this item.

I only need pix of the various gear positons at the trans; the shifter won't make much diff; I am 'turning mine around' 180 degrees from the usual.... (mid engine)

so I am using a 5 spd fiero shifter and my problem will be to make it work at the trans.

That is great!! anytime you can get around to it.

You can email them directly; save plugging up the forum with the pix.

Thanks again

GP

I will do that. I assume it won't matter what car it is from, I will just figure out which car will let me get the easiest access. I should have them to you by New Year's. I'll be pulling the car apart come 20th of Dec.

nope

anything with a 284 is fine. THANKS a bunch. that is a great help.

8)

oh yeah

I have NO idea what will be what, so just make sure the pix are clear for me as to which shows what gear......!!! :shock:

I will, but don't expect to see too much, if you havn't seen one recently, a 3.4L in a Lumina doesn't exactly leave too much room. But with my headers, intakes, and a few other things out of the way, I should eb able to see the cables.

Just shoot me a PM anytime, that way I remember your username. SO send me a PM that saus "hey I'm the guy that wants the shifter pics," I'll know who it is.

No problem