Speckkial

I’m looking for an oxygen sensor for my 96’ Olds Cutlass Supreme with a 3.1 V6 engine. I’m not sure if there is a difference between the sensors before or after the catalytic converter and I’m not exactly sure which one I need, but my service engine light is on in my car (been on for a while now) and when a diagnostic test was ran I happened to peek over and see “slow response†on the screen. That came up first so I don’t know if that means it’s for the sensor before or after the converter. I asked the guy what would happen if I continued to drive on the bad sensor and he told me nothing. So I've been driving on it for about two months now and I'm damn tired of looking at that service engine light.

What if it's only one bad one though? I'd rather not buy both o2 sensors and only need one. I know a buddy who had to replace his in a 96' CS and it costed him $80 for one of them. I'm not trying to spend that amount of money if it isn't necessary.