Where to get underdrive pulleys

Grand Moff Joseph

Your not gonna be able to spin the accessories much slower. An 8hp gain is more than reasonable for an underdrive pulley. I don't know what you're expecting, but if you want a bigger gain, look at different mods...and underdrive pulley is not gonna give you a huge gain.

Shawn

RSM is the worst company you'll come accross. Shipping is normally a 3 month ordeal, and they've screwed people over before. Plus their prices are out of this world. And they are in Canada.

Lastly, their UD pulley probably is the same, or close to it, than FFPs. GO with FFP.

I've read that RSM/s pulley is the same size but lighter than the stock pulley. And more $$ I think. You could try to find a bigger alt pulley made for another GM car, such as a Firebird. (I got a 2 piece kit for my TA, the alt pulley looks like it should work maybe with/wo a spacer.) You could get rid of power steering. You could try to find a bigger water pump pulley. All these ideas don't make much sense for a street car. With a host of underdrives the engine rpm has to be higher for normal operation so the accessories can work properly.