what sounds better

MoTox8410

:lol: you spent that much money on a 32 inch sub and you've got a jensen 300 running it? :smilielol: :gone2far: . that's a good way to ruin a sub. i know those huge subs can really slam even with little power, but feeding it a dirty signal like that is going to really kill it.

on the rear or on the side. you could mount it to the bottom of the rear deck

not enough room on side or on the rear deck i could mount it on the rearof the subs i guess but it would kinda be a pain but thats really my only choice i guess???how would i adjust the gain though ?? i have two MTX 12s in a large enough box to where there is like 1.5" on the side and and 1 of room above the box

well what's your setup? does your head unit have a non fader? if so then you adjust the gain from the head unit. just set it once on the amp. or buy a remote gain control if your amp is compatible. as far as mounting your amp...i guess all you can do is mount it where you have room

I wanna do 4 10" MTX 8000 Thunder subs off one MTX 1501D amp. What do you guys think that might sound like?

why does everyone on this site like MTX ????

to answer the original question, mount them facing the rear..

i think maybe that's because you don't know what "good" sounds like. no offense to you at all. car audio and electronics magazine did a study i think 5 years ago about it. they found 4 out of 5 people will pick a car with an audio setup with 10 percent distortion over a car with almost no distortion simply because they don't know what clean music sounds like. i've seen very few mtx setups win spl or sq competitions.

generally you get what you pay for in the audio world. but if you're not going to enter an sq competition, who really cares what anyone else thinks about your setup.

anyhow, to the guy that wrote this thread, try a downfire box. you will probably have to remove your spare tire cover or build one from 3/4 inch plywood to get rid of rattles, but it's worth it.

to answer the original question, mount them facing the rear..

i've had mine facing in both directions and didn't notice too much difference either way...why facing the rear? wouldn't facing them towards you work better than facing them away?

ok so why i like MTX is because they tend to be more reliable and dont blow or maybe i just have good luck with them and distorion i believe is what usually kills the speaker and my 2 12"' thunder 5500 dont sound at all distorted in my sealed box and a kenwood amp :shrug: so i dont know

also what is a downfire box

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/headtohead/w7.cfm i have never heard the 9500 but intresting also i would usually opt for JL but idk about these 2

face them towards the rear...its called bass reflex. Thats the way I had my speakers in my trunk and I just mounted the amp to the back of the box. I didnt have the fanciest setup, but it beat the shit out of my ears for about 3-4 yrs.