Stalling Out!

BimmerJr87

Alright guys here in Ohio we had about 12 inches of snow last night, but the crews had time to clear the roads so I had school today. On the way to school today I stalled out 4 times. Everytime that I stalled out I was sitting at a light. I had no problem starting the car back up. Then also on the way home from school i was goin bout 25 in a school zone and my car stalled out yet again, only it was in the middle of the road, but started back up. I'm wondering if any of you guys have an idea what it might be? Either next week or after the January 1st I'm takin my car in for a tune up, new gas pump, and fuel sender. If you could tell me what you think it might be that would be great, thanks.

Does the car shudder before it stalls?

Does your car have trouble accelerating if you put the pedal down pretty quickly? You may not know this because obviously the roads aren't real great. I'm sure you weren't speeding around.

Check your coolant. I had a problem similar to this in my Cavalier. It was practically out of coolant (had a leak in a heater hose). My car would stall at stop lights once in a while. It didn't happen too often but it was aggrivating when it did. It would shudder before it stalled too but it would start up just fine every time.

Your Idle Air Control (IAC) motor might need cleaning. Look for a small "motor" on the side of the throttle body that's held on by 2 TORX screws. Remove it and clean the end of it up real good with carb cleaner. Be careful not to push the "plunger" down any. While you're at it, disconnect your intake snorkel, start the car, and shoot some of the carb spray into the throttle body (through the IAC opening, and at the throttle plate.)

EGR. Mine does that prolly once every 2 days. Im used to it now. I couldnt believe it actualy stalled going 60km/h

I have tried and replaced everything to stop the stalling

my car is cursed

I actually have an FFP chip in my car. I just took it into the shop today and I am gettin a new feul sending unit, and new gas pump put in. The mechanic thinks that the pump is not sending enough gas when my car is below 1500 rpms and that is what is causing it to stall out. Hopefully he will call tomororw and tell me what the final outcome is. I am also gettin my tranny fluid flushed out and new spark plugs. Should I get the ACDelco Rapidfires? And what is the advantage if I got them over stardard spark plugs?

I actually have an FFP chip in my car. I just took it into the shop today and I am gettin a new feul sending unit, and new gas pump put in. The mechanic thinks that the pump is not sending enough gas when my car is below 1500 rpms and that is what is causing it to stall out. Hopefully he will call tomororw and tell me what the final outcome is. I am also gettin my tranny fluid flushed out and new spark plugs. Should I get the ACDelco Rapidfires? And what is the advantage if I got them over stardard spark plugs?

seems kinda strange, usually if you have enough fuel flow to run 600 rpm there will be enough for low rpm operation