power window problems

webbs

i have a 95 2 door cutlass. it has power windows and locks and mirrors. the problem i have is that when i roll down the passenger window from the drivers side it wont rol back up from the drivers side. on the passenger side the window will roll up and down. im thinking its with the control box on the drivers side if any1 knows what i need or how to fix it let me know thank

it might just be a stuck switch....mine did that for a while, then I took out the switch and gave it a good cleaning, and it has worked fine since then....try cleaning it before buying a new one...

mine did the same thing in my mc i cleaned it and it worked good for awile but then it stoped..save your time and just get a new switch ( got mine from a junk yard for $1 :D :lol:

Also on my drivers window when I role it up (power window) it hop's around when it gets half way up...any idea's of a fix

mine did the same thing and i pulled the doorpanels off and put a lil grease on all the moving parts and it works fine

u think u could pick me up a switch? no junkyards close to here

yeah i cleaned mine and it worked for a lil bit like 3 times then quit and it was really weak when it did work

Guest TurboSedan

Also on my drivers window when I role it up (power window) it hop's around when it gets half way up...any idea's of a fix

wierd. half the time i can't get the driver's side window on my Cutty to roll up unless i smack the window hard with my fist. i think Power Windows hate me.

well...damn...i guess everyone already answered you're question...but just to add to it...i had the same problem...every once in a while the window wouldnt roll down...sometimes it wouldnt roll back up once it was down...turns out the problem was in the switch...i took it all apart and cleaned it and it works fine now...

i have a 95 2 door cutlass. it has power windows and locks and mirrors. the problem i have is that when i roll down the passenger window from the drivers side it wont rol back up from the drivers side. on the passenger side the window will roll up and down. im thinking its with the control box on the drivers side if any1 knows what i need or how to fix it let me know thank

it's kinda funny cause there has been like 2 different threads about this same problem in the last couple of months...try the SEARCH button, it works wonders 8)

yeah, you need the switch under the buttons. I might have one laying in my storage area...I bought it off of Ebay for $20. The auction came with the passenger switch along with the drivers switch as well(I only needed the passenger side). When I get some time tomorrow I'll check for you if you want it. I never hooked it up since I didnt need it, but the auction stated that it worked.

Ill see what i can do..Do you need the hole switch or just the switches under the buttons..

I just need the switch under the buttons

also I forgot to mention that I also had a '95 Cutty which is different than the '94 and older models(if you didnt know that).