Need immediate help!

Black Adam

got an engine on ebay for a 3400 swap from a 2000 grand am

my mechanic needs the vin number the the guy/garage is not answering my emails for the number -

what can i do??

oh yeah i got a 92 lumi 3.1 and i didn't get the ecm for the engine was just gonna use the old one.

thanx in advance

maybe he needs the vin to make the new engine run!? :shrug: :roll: ...but, if thats the case, i don't see why you couldnt just give him a vin from another grand am with a 3400!?...or maybe he wants to get a new 3400 ECM...i think you could just have yours reprogrammed though...maybe not since yours would be OBDI and the 3400 is OBDII... :think:

jeremy wrote:

he probably wants to make sure that the engine isn't stolen......

That would be my only guess. There is no reason why he should need the vin to swap in that engine.

Yeah that's the only thing I can think of but is there a big demand for GM FWD 3400's? :lol:

jeremy wrote:

he probably wants to make sure that the engine isn't stolen......

That would be my only guess. There is no reason why he should need the vin to swap in that engine.

Yeah that's the only thing I can think of but is there a big demand for GM FWD 3400's? :lol:

Actually, it seems to be a fairly wanted item in the Beretta community. Mated with a 5-speed and a few bolt on's, there seeing low 15's, high 14's.

Actually, it seems to be a fairly wanted item in the Beretta community. Mated with a 5-speed and a few bolt on's, there seeing low 15's, high 14's.

And how big is the Beretta community compared to most shops and the general drivers on the road?

If that shop needs the vin to do the swap you better go somewhere else because they don't know what there doing. It's pretty much plug and play except for the injectors. You can either change thoes to ones that fit your harnes or get adaptors from old to new.

Jud