where the heck is it? (flasher)

quinn

I just got a elect. flasher yesterday for my '92 gp. All signals don't work, but cruise and hi-beams do. I just took off the "under dash" panel and was looking for the flasher so I could replace it. Well, I can't see any canister or any hint of a flasher. Could someone point me in the right direction? Is it ON the firewall? ON the column? I was looking where I thought it would be, but there's just a vent hose. If anyone can help, thanks.

It would be easier if the signals worked, then you could just listen and feel around. It was a little difficult for me to mind it. Just look for a silver cylinder a little smaller than your electronic flasher. On the Cutlasses, it is a little out of the way. It's up there though, just have to look a little. It's a bitch to get off. You have to wiggle it around a lot, or use a knife or a flathead screwdriver to pry the plug off.

Here's the location:

flasher.jpg

This pic is the location of the main signal flasher. The hazzard flasher (on the 94-96's) is located right under the headlight switch.