Totaled 96 Cutlass. "New" Grand Prix

Mizouse

The subject says it all. Two weeks ago in Indianapolis, someone ran a redlight and hit me drivers side right behind the door. Spun me around 180. The car was a total loss. No suprise to me. 176k on it, yeah. So today dad and I went out and found a car. 02 Grand Prix GT. It's pretty damn nice. Yes, I realize this thread is useless without pictures. I don't have any of the Cutlass because I am from Fort Wayne area and the car is in Indy. I did alright with the insurance check tho, so no big worries. I will post pics of the new car soon tho, a little too dark right now, I'll get shots on Sunday or Monday afternoon.

It is a silver GT with the charchoal interior. 42k (a little high for an 02, but helped keep the cost a little lower for me), leather, moonroof, heated seat, dual climate, 6 speaker, power seats, etc.... I test drove a few and this had more stuff that any of the others. The only thing this didn't have is the onstar rearview mirror. I have a few plans for it right now. I am thinking about clear corners, maybe the tail lights, not sure about that. Probably look into some new grilles as well.

No, I did not get to keep the cutty. It had cloth interior tho. They offered me the car to buy back, but it was about 150 miles away and I took everything off of it that I really wanted before we left. I didn't have a place to put it if I did keep it and I didn't really want to pay to tow it that far. As for the pics of the new car, I went outside today to clean it up a little before taking some pictures, came in to get the digital camera and found that my mom took the damn thing today. She should be home around 4:00, so I should get some shots then if the light stays.

Nice :thumbsup: ...you have to love the look of a silver Pontiac. The torque stars look way better than these tristars and they are the lightest wheels for the Grand Prix. Now make her a silver bullet :P

Nice :thumbsup: ...you have to love the look of a silver Pontiac. The torque stars look way better than these tristars and they are the lightest wheels for the Grand Prix. Now make her a silver bullet :P

the wheels in my sig are a 30 second photochop, but I do have the tristars on it.

well at least you got a nice ride again....btw your Prix is pretty hot looking. my mom used to have one just like it but the Special Edition. why didn't you get the Spec. Ed. or GTP??

why didn't you get the Spec. Ed. or GTP??

Well, I never found any Special Editions around here (Fort Wayne area) and Forbes listed the GTP as one of the top 10 most worked on cars in the US. That and the fact that the insurance would have gone up more than with just a plain GT.

and Forbes listed the GTP as one of the top 10 most worked on cars in the US.

I still don't get that.

yeah especially when the motors are suppose to be bulletproof...maybe without all that extra performance it becomes a major headache.

Well, I never found any Special Editions around here (Fort Wayne area) and Forbes listed the GTP as one of the top 10 most worked on cars in the US. That and the fact that the insurance would have gone up more than with just a plain GT.

Forbes must be retarded. How much is the insurance if a may ask? On my GTP I pay $280 every 3 months for full coverage. Looks nice btw!