finally...pictures of my polishing!

Heza

Rock on. I second the alternator :wink:

are you just being funny or dont realize the alternator is under the engine and out of sight? at first i thought Brian was serious too!

:lol: C'mon man.. I know where the alternator is at. I've owned that damn engine before. My personality consists of 99% sarcasm and non-funny wit.

I've owned that damn engine before.

thou shall not call that a damn engine!!! it must be babied and itll be nice back! thats what ive been doing and havent had anything for a headache yet.

I've owned that damn engine before.

thou shall not call that a damn engine!!! it must be babied and itll be nice back! thats what ive been doing and havent had anything for a headache yet.

:wink: Mine was owned by a 16 year old fresh driver. I destroyed that engine by time it hit 75,000 miles. I was mean to it, but I remember it being ungodly expensive to fix and a lot of places turned me down for repairs... said they'd have nothing to do with that engine.

I'm not tearing it down.. don't get me wrong.. good engine, but it takes a strict maintanance schedule to keep that bugger going.

im aware of maintenance. oil - every 3k Mobil 1. tranny fluid - every 9k. im extremely anal with my GTP, maybe because i think it looks shit hot and i intend on keeping it that way!

Yeah thats a little different than what I had. My parents bought me a Cutlass Supreme Intl. sedan... I didn't want a sedan when I was 16. I hate to think about it or admit it, but I was a little mean to it because of that. I was a little ignorant shithead back then. Perhaps if I would have learned to appreciate what I really had, it would have been taken care of a little better.

I think im going to do more than just my intake plenum and cam carrier cover. That's damn hot!!!

you cant really see anything else unless you pull the 3.4 DOHC V6 cover, but i never do. so i didnt see a need to do that.

as for on the block....NO!!!! aluminum dust would get everyone and it would just be one hell of a mess. plus its easier to work when you can move the part around.

I think im going to do more than just my intake plenum and cam carrier cover. That's damn hot!!!

you cant really see anything else unless you pull the 3.4 DOHC V6 cover, but i never do. so i didnt see a need to do that.

as for on the block....NO!!!! aluminum dust would get everyone and it would just be one hell of a mess. plus its easier to work when you can move the part around.

I meant other parts of the engine bay.

aaah...the only other thing that i saw that was aluminum and visible was the coolant inlet pipe that bolts to the lower intake. but...didnt think about it at the time.

aluminum BTW is a lot easier to polish than steel too.

whatever you come up with though....i definitely want to see!!!

aaah...the only other thing that i saw that was aluminum and visible was the coolant inlet pipe that bolts to the lower intake. but...didnt think about it at the time.

aluminum BTW is a lot easier to polish than steel too.

whatever you come up with though....i definitely want to see!!!

I'm getting a set of 96-97 intakes soon, so the upper will definately be polished up. I have a few other ideas in mind, but only time will tell(and not having a garage to work in will not help out either...).