Front end questions (balljoint)

hosser

i just have a quick question, i believe the balljoint is what gave on my wheel to make it go out like that. When i looked around there is a knuckle on the controll arm thats exposed. So correct me if im wrong all i need to do is replace the ball joint. But this is my real question, when the thing gave my car stopped moving and when i put it in gear it doesnt move, is it because its not POSI and they are interdependant? thanks a lot.

i was going under 5 mph so i dont think that its that big of a deal, i know speed doesnt nessecarly matter but i wasnt on the gas just let my foot of the brake to enter my drive way. How about this Q: How does the cv shaft sit inside the trans shaft sense its the passanger side? does it just slied in like a peg? no bolts or anything like that?

Putting an axle in (or taking one out for that matter) is like putting a socket on a ratchet. It will take some force, but then it will pop in, you should be able to pull on it relatively hard, and not have it come out if it's in right.

(correct me if im wrong the balljoint is on the end of the controll arm?)
You are correct, sir! You might want to inspect the CV Joints when you have the car raised up. Maybe take the whole axle out of the car and rotate both joints around, tug and pull on them (don't damage the boots) and make sure everything is still solid. Hopefully you didn't damage the strut tower or the upper strut mount when the balljoint let loose either...