Tinting

Carotop

I've been thinking about the tint thing lately, but I dont know how good the local shops here in Buffalo are. Im sure it will be expensive to get a sedan done. I really hate the damn tint laws, because I would love to limo this baby all around.

a friend of mine had her 03 GP SE done for $200....its a 4 door...the car is white and she got em tinted 35% all the way around (even though ohio law is 50% for front)...it looks TITS!!!

I dont know about windex making the tint turn purple but the guy who did mine said never use it to clean the windows because over time it does damage to it, i never did ask him what it does but i thought that was good to know. Mine was 180 in cash for 15% black tint, which isnt that bad considering most places want 200-250.

my car was tinted all around when i bought it. Except only the top of my windshield was tinted. That's good, because i don't think it's a very good quality tint. When you look through the fully tinted windows everything looks kinda blurry. It's not bubbles in the tint, it's just that whatever type of film they used was rippled. Is that the case with most tints?

I'll probably get mine done again eventually because there's also a few holes here and there in the film from wear and tear. There's a window tinting place on every corner around here (that florida sun is brutal on interiors) So i think it'll be pretty cheap to get a good looking tint job

I dont know about windex making the tint turn purple but the guy who did mine said never use it to clean the windows because over time it does damage to it, i never did ask him what it does but i thought that was good to know. Mine was 180 in cash for 15% black tint, which isnt that bad considering most places want 200-250.

It's the ammonia in Windex that does the damage. I've yet to hear/read about ammonia turning tint purple, but it does attack the tint adhesive.

Everything you wanted to know about window tinting:

http://www.tintdude.com/