89 Cutty gas tank & rear bumper work

Intlcutlass

What a PITA

I haven't driven it for a while, because it was leaking gas....

So I got the old one outta there (only broke 1 line doing it), and the metal was so thin, it almost crumbles in my hand.

I have a replacment tank from a yard, and I figured while I was at it, I coated the bottom of the car above where the tank sits with some POR 15.

lemme tell ya.... DONE EVER GET THIS STUFF ON YOUR HANDS!!!

Anyway... I also have to get a new rear bumper support due to rust. Thankfully, the rust didn't invade the actuall body of the car under the bumper, just the part that bolts to the car... But it was BAD. I POR 15 that area as well.

Still need to find a replacment support.

What years match the 89 rear bumper support?

I would assume, any 88-91 Cutlass would match the rear bumper support.

I have a replacment tank from a yard, and I figured while I was at it, I coated the bottom of the car above where the tank sits with some POR 15.

lemme tell ya.... DONE EVER GET THIS STUFF ON YOUR HANDS!!!

That's why they always say to were gloves when you use that shit.

That's why they always say to were gloves when you use that shit.

I was.... They ripped, and I didn't feel it, and it's been so nice out I didn't feel the POR 15 on my skin.... I was a little shocked when i took my gloves off....

Thanks for the info on the bumper....

No problem, do you have any pics of your Cutlass.

Not the best picture, but it is somewhat symbolic. The most important thing in my life is at the front of the pic.

06160004.jpg

The car is NOT in good shape right now. Needs body work. The underside is/was rusting , so I have been working on that. It still runs like a top. But I just blew the clutch in my Fiero Formula, so the Cutlass will be road worthy by this weekend. I finished with the gas tank yesterday. Today , I am going to pick up a rear bumper re-enforcment. Mine was virtually rusted gone. The weird thing is that it was just the support. The rust had not gotten to where it bolts up to the car.

I also have to take care of those problemed seams at the front of the hood. I also need a drivers front fender... It's coming along.