Removing weather stripping for added cooling?

90TGP

I know this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it from a search.

Everyone knows how hot the engine bay gets in the TGP. I already have my louver drip pans removed. I have my a/c condensor removed [my a/c needed recharging anyway, and I think it still had the old R12 in it] to let more air hit the intercooler and the air filter. I plan on having my hoodscoop installed next year for added cooling.

Now, my tore at the weather stripping on the firewall because he couldn't get to the tranny dipstick :roll: . Would it be ok to just remove that peice of rubber? I know it would let all the hot air out as I drive.

Dude, the way you are going with all this, I think you should just take off that damn air restricting hood and be done with it :lol: :P Since you don't mind the water coming in from the hood louvers, yank out the "tore at the weather stripping" thingy and be done with it, or course any fumes from the engine bay will go freely into your Heater Vent Inlet :shock: .

Sorry guys, feeling evil and comedic tonight, don't take it personal :twisted:

Jeff M

All the fucking moron GTP owners in my club swear it makes their car cooler.. (when I proved to them that it doesn't) yet they're scared shitless to pull the engine mat off the hood.. which doesn't do a damn thing to the paint and DOES cool the engine bay down dramatically. All their cars smell horrible on the inside with the A/C or heater on because they're constantly drawing in crap from under the hood.

All the fucking moron GTP owners in my club swear it makes their car cooler.. (when I proved to them that it doesn't) yet they're scared shitless to pull the engine mat off the hood.. which doesn't do a damn thing to the paint and DOES cool the engine bay down dramatically. All their cars smell horrible on the inside with the A/C or heater on because they're constantly drawing in crap from under the hood.

Yeah I heard that as well, my best is the GTP's with a missing head light as if that will increase some make belief power. Now for the question,

I have routed my intercooler in front of the condenser, it gets air from behind the two nostrills (actually the dirver side only) in the bumper, add to that my ram air hood and the temperatures never reach 1/4 on my coolant gauge.

Regards Adam S.

I have routed my intercooler in front of the condenser, it gets air from behind the two nostrills (actually the dirver side only) in the bumper, add to that my ram air hood and the temperatures never reach 1/4 on my coolant gauge.

Regards Adam S.

Just get a 160* T-stat from Jeff and you will not see the gauge tick above the 1/8th on the Temp gauge. My TSTE has a 180 T-stat and it rarely sees above 1/4 on the Temp gauge and everything is original on the car... 8)

Yeah I heard that as well, my best is the GTP's with a missing head light as if that will increase some make belief power.

Actually, in some cases, that does help. The whole reason they do it is to get colder air directly in to the Cone filter that is directly behind the headlight. It works especially well for those with the Thrasher and similar 'boxed off cone' intake setups.

If it doesn't help, then why do people continue to do it? The easier the cold air can hit the cone while moving down the strip the better I'd say.

Regards Adam S.

Just get a 160* T-stat from Jeff and you will not see the gauge tick above the 1/8th on the Temp gauge. My TSTE has a 180 T-stat and it rarely sees above 1/4 on the Temp gauge and everything is original on the car... 8)

Will that themostat work in an N/A 3.1?