Interesting issues with the Cutty...

OldsmoBeast

Okay well... I'm just throwing this out there....but here goes

So I'm having the folllowing problems with the cutlass these days... so here they are in order of appearance:

1. Car leans to the drivers side at all times....I believe its the front suspension causing the sag to the right. My primary suspect is the shocks, but it doesn't show symptoms in the ride.

2. Miss at lower RPMs under load...never happens at WOT or in the >3000 RPM range....i'm thinking a tune-up could fix this, judging by how I haven't gotten a tune-up since I bought the car LAST december...the plugs are pretty shot by what I could see, too... <-- EDIT: New AC Delco Pro Platinum plugs and a set of new wires totally cleared that up, but now I have a new problem, see "Cross-Threaded Spark Plug" topic in the 'Powertrain' Section...

3. My E-Brake cable SUCKS. It keeps popping off on the drivers side, rendering my e-brake incredibly useless....and pissing me off...cuz i put it back on every time and every time it comes off a little later after using it twice... Its missing a little spring on that end...dunno what I should do to fix it.

4.This is the newest one....I just noticed today (I actually had my music off for a good 5 minutes) when I am coming down a hill or just generally curving to the left, and applying my brakes....a significant knocking noise occurs in the passenger side rear quarter....i dunno what the hell it is...hoping I just forgot to torque a nut...anyone have any idea?

Thanks y'all!

YK

well...as for # 2...i've had a similar problem ever since i got my car...i've changed plugs, wires, fuel filter, and even added injector cleaner and i still havent fixed it...so, if you solve that problem...be sure to let me know! :wink:

For Prob #4, Check your rear trailing arms(The bar that goes from the floor down to the strut nuckle) Check to see if it is bent or cracked. I had that happen to me and the brakes would knock really bad.

Update: problem 2 solved... to some degree...

As for your issue, Terryk2003, it seems like you might have an issue with your injectors being crappy....I do recall reading about how W-Body injectors aren't always the best...

Could be worth a shot...maybe you could get a set of 3400 manifolds on while you're at it?

YK

Update: problem 2 solved... to some degree...

As for your issue, Terryk2003, it seems like you might have an issue with your injectors being crappy....I do recall reading about how W-Body injectors aren't always the best...

Could be worth a shot...maybe you could get a set of 3400 manifolds on while you're at it?

YK

thanx for the tip...as for the 3400 manifolds...its not even worth it...i'm planning on doing a whole 3400 swap when i get the extra $$!!! :)

I think i'll probably do it if I lose another gasket...like my head gasket for example...i figure i'm not going to let a shop do $500+ worth of work if I can spend $100 (Canadian) or whatever on a head gasket and another 100 (I have a source) on LIM and UIM, might as well gain the few ponies and keep it relatively stock. But around here if I were to do any heavy mods to my car, my insurance company would void my policy should I ever make a claim, they'd say it was a modified vehicle and would require special insurance.... My broker was talking about how some kid totalled his modified civic and the insurance company was trying to get out of it...something like that...enh...

My 2 cents as usual

Good luck!

YK