CHeck those recalls

Steve94CutlassConver.

I would urge everyone to call your gm brand 1-800 to check on recalls.....

no matter how long ago they were sent out , gm still has to fix ..... my cutlass was at the dealer a month ago and showed NO recalls ( I am 2nd owner and not sure what 1st owner did or did'nt do) , but called the 1-800 number for Olds and 3 recalls (campains) were still open. Turns out one was for my wiper / turn signals which I was having MAJOR problems with and it was going to cost me around $ 600 to fix , the other two are minor recalls but still getting fixed for free. It IS worth the 5 minutes it takes to call and check , just have your VIN handy. After hearing some of the horror stories around about trying to change some of this stuff out , I am so glad I can let the dealer mess with , Another thanks to all that have helped , this is a great site , hope it stays around ! Steve94cutlassconvert.

I took these numbers from gpracers post on the wiper recall: ( add 1-800 to all of these)

Buick - 521-7300 832-8425

Chevy - 222-1020 833-2439

Pontiac - 833-7668 762-2737

Olds - 442-6537 833-6537

(if i recall , the 833 #'s are more service related) Have your VIN handy also !

The recall # for the wipers is: campaign # 97003 and its from 3/97 and the dealer is going to fix mine, like I said before , the rep at Olds said no matter how old the recall is , GM is responsible for fixing it .

Hope this helps and most of these #'s are still up .

Steve

they had a recall for plugg wires on my car... but the kicker is..... I just did my damn wires last week!!!!!!!!

I might chat with the dealer and see if they can just give me the wires for the recall and call it a day.......

Finally got my cutlass back from dealer, I had to call after 4 days to see if it was ready , it had been ready for over a day , sH#%head dealers. The whole time I was having to bum rides to and from work........some things never change ..... ie dealers ......

ANyway, got my wiper recall work done and they changed out the blinker switch junk , ( 119 bucks for the parts , but figured it'd be cheaper now while they were in there ) I had the blinker stuff done because alot of owners around here had troubles or posts suggesting to get it done , thanks for that info , saved me 3 hrs. worth of dealer labor to get done now! !

They fixed 2 other recalls , not sure what they involved , only the recall #'s were on invoice , but just happy to have my car back with wipers that work and not having to pay the $ 350 to fix them !!

Thanks again to all who posted help and suggestion !

Steve