cleared my corners

Dannymik

I cleared my corner lights this weekend. Overall they look good, but the driver side shows some of the silicone I used to seal them up when you are right up close to them.

I love cheap appearance mods that dont look tootacky!

clearedcorners.jpg

clearedcorners2.jpg

I love cheap appearance mods that dont look tacky!

Cool! What type of silicone did you use? Also I think they make bulbs that look clear but glow amber, I think sylvania makes them. (company that makes silverstars)

Well thats something I'll check out next time I go to Autozone or wherever would carry them.

The Silicone I used cost $7 a tube and its made by DAP. So far I'v ehad no problems with moisture. Uses include Molding, Windows, Gutters, Doors, Siding and more...50 yr guarantee. If you want the best then try to find clear silicone made by DOW CORNING which we use at my work which is an glazing company for windows. And we dont play with residential, but do commercial buildings like Airports, the IMF building, Pantent & Trade Operations, FDIC building, and sport arenas.

Cool! What type of silicone did you use? Also I think they make bulbs that look clear but glow amber, I think sylvania makes them. (company that makes silverstars)

Sylvania makes turn signal bulbs that have a blue lens, but light up amber. they're also called Silverstars. i think they would look good on Dan's GP

i put them in my front turn signals because the housing is somewhat clear, but it isn't clear enough to really see the bulb.

i plan on picking some up for the Colorado because the headlight, turn signal, and daytime running light housings are clear, and the truck is blue

Sylvania makes turn signal bulbs that have a blue lens, but light up amber. they're also called Silverstars. i think they would look good on Dan's GP

i put them in my front turn signals because the housing is somewhat clear, but it isn't clear enough to really see the bulb

Yeah dan that is a good idea. The blue ones would look good! Where did you get them kevin? (I will put clear bulbs in mine)

i put them in my front turn signals because the housing is somewhat clear, but it isn't clear enough to really see the bulb

Yeah dan that is a good idea. The blue ones would look good! Where did you get them kevin? (I will put clear bulbs in mine)

i got mine at Murray's, but i've seen them at Pep Boys, Meijers, WalMart, etc. they're sold where ever Sylvania Silverstar products are sold.

1st of all I actually like the lens without the reflector for some reason. Maybe its, because they look cleaner or something. You hit it on the head Kevin, Im aiming for the blue leds...these amber 194's only cost $2 or so. Hey...I spent a total of $10 to do this so if I want to get the refective ones down the line I didnt waste too much money.

You guys might kill me on this one, but the gunmetal altezzas are growing on me. I think they would look better if they were a shade darker so you could barely see through them. One key point I like about Altezzas is that they have a smooth finish on the plastic rather than the ribbed stock tails. Im not a fan of the totally clear kind...even the carbon fiber are descent.

1st of all I actually like the lens without the reflector for some reason. Maybe its, because they look cleaner or something. You hit it on the head Kevin, Im aiming for the blue leds...these amber 194's only cost $2 or so. Hey...I spent a total of $10 to do this so if I want to get the refective ones down the line I didnt waste too much money.

You guys might kill me on this one, but the gunmetal altezzas are growing on me. I think they would look better if they were a shade darker so you could barely see through them. One key point I like about Altezzas is that they have a smooth finish on the plastic rather than the ribbed stock tails. Im not a fan of the totally clear kind...even the carbon fiber are descent.

Silverstar turnsignals are light bulbs, not led's.

anyways, it looks good! :thumbsup:

:puke: I only like the stock ones. I would tint them with a darker colored car.

:puke: I only like the stock ones. I would tint them with a darker colored car.

:lol: i expected that!

Dan (sl3196) you should clear your corners but leave a regular amber bulb in to match your car.

Ya think it would look good with the amber light? I think if it was clear it would look better but when I do it I'll see how the amber looks.

Dan (sl3196) you should clear your corners but leave a regular amber bulb in to match your car.

Ya think it would look good with the amber light? I think if it was clear it would look better but when I do it I'll see how the amber looks.

i would leave the amber bulb in because the rest of your car is an amber color. that's what i would do.

Cool :D Mine luckily comes without ugly amber corners

100_0161Medium.jpg

why's that picture blurry as hell?

i'd get some hubcaps on that thing too. even some "spinnaz" would be better than nothing. it looks like someone stole your wheels and you're riding on 4 donuts

Cool :D Mine luckily comes without ugly amber corners

100_0161Medium.jpg

why's that picture blurry as hell?

i'd get some hubcaps on that thing too. even some "spinnaz" would be better than nothing. it looks like someone stole your wheels and you're riding on 4 donuts

we've been through this too many times with Nichole...she likes that look.