40 series with a straight pipe?

maybe2fast

It will be pretty loud, but not that bad(depending upon muffler placement). If you do a single exhaust and place the muffler at the rear, it won't be as loud all the time(compared to placing the muffler where the cat is located). I would at the very least get an aftermarket resonator to put on the car to cancel out any unwanted sounds(raspiness/droning). The resonator will also help it keep a throatier sound upon hard acceleration.

i wouldn't put a resonator on

when people say Flowmasters are raspy, i say bullshit

You hard of hearing, eh? I have a flowmaster, at 3/4-full throttle, it's definitely a bit raspy. If you have a cat, it's not so bad though.

i wouldn't put a resonator on

when people say Flowmasters are raspy, i say bullshit

You hard of hearing, eh? I have a flowmaster, at 3/4-full throttle, it's definitely a bit raspy. If you have a cat, it's not so bad though.

i ran without a cat and didn't think it was raspy at all. it was louder, and the tone was different, but not raspy.

The flowmaster itself isnt whats raspy, its these engines. I have a dual system.. 1 side is a 40series flowmamma, 1 side is an original GM muffler. Its very raspy at cruise throttle around 2200 - 2800 rpm.