B&M Megashifter in 90 Eurosport

90Luminator

Aloha to all,

Does anyone one know if there is some kind of kit to mount up a B&M Mega Shifter on a 90 Eurosport Sedan? Also i'm having trouble finding out what kind of Tranny is in it. Thanks!

-Andy

ALL Euros got the 4 speed, only base models got the 3 speed. And 1st gen Luminas with the 3.1 never got the 4T60-E.

no shit? None of the luminas up to '95 had an electronic controlled trans?

Automatic transmission: 4T60E transmissions may drop out of drive while cruising, shift erratically, or have no second, third, or fourth gear because of a bad ground connection for the shift solenoids. Poor grounds also allow wrong gear starts. (1991-94)

Depends on when you consider first gen engine I guess... It's the same body style, but some stuff changed... Is first gen '89 and '90 only?

ALL Euros got the 4 speed, only base models got the 3 speed. And 1st gen Luminas with the 3.1 never got the 4T60-E.

thats not true, my 94 with the 3.1 has the 4T60-E. and its the original motor/trans

OK, looks like '91-93 got the 440-T4 and '94 got the electronically controlled 4T60-E. This right?

Automatic transmission: TH-125 or 440-T4 automatic transmissions may shift late or not upshift at all. The problem is a stuck throttle valve inside the transmission. (1991-93)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina: All '94 Luminas had a V6 engine and 4-speed automatic transmission with new electronic controls. The base coupe departed, leaving only Euro and Z34 coupes. A new design was in the works for 1995.

Edit: From here by the way... http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2013.htm

*BZZT* Wrong. My Lumina Euro has a THM-125C 3-speed transmission. Try again. :D

90-93 the 3 speed was the 125C

90-93 was the 4 speed 4T60

I thought all W's got the 4t60-e in '93 am i wrong?

Also I know very few Lumina's got the 3100 but I think it was toward the end of the model year.

Why do you want to put a BM shifter in a Lumina?

Were all the cuttys with a manual tranny turbo? I was just lookin through that a little.

:think:

Cutlasses never came with turbos... and manuals never came with turbos in the Grand Prix, either..

...mount up a B&M Mega Shifter on a 90 Eurosport Sedan...

When using a shifter designed for a RWD car, keep in mind that the spacing between some of the shifter detents will probably need to be changed. You'll have to measure how far the shifter cable moves for each position in a factory setup and then make sure the aftermarket shifter will do the same thing.