Adding HUD to a 2001 Grand prix

cutlassconvertible

Hey whats up all? i was wondeirng about adding a HUD to an 01 GP. do u know which parts i would need. ok i know that i would need the actual HUD unit, the HUD switch/controls, and the dash panel with the cutout for the display. but do we know if there are any other parts i would need to track down??? thanx

as you said you will need the HUD itself, the switch and the dash pad.

over on http://www.clubgp.com they have a prety good write up on how to install it, just be damn sure that your gona sell the car with the HUD since after you put in you can't take it back out.

the, main thing is splicing hud's wires to the matching wires on the dash cluster's. you can splice it to be removable w/the right wire connectors, if so, save the original dash pad

So the gen2's aren't prewired? And why couldn't you take the HUD out? I would guess that you could just remove the harness and make sure no actual wire was out.

:?:

most gen2 GPs are prewired, all you gotta do is grab the harnas for th hud that is aorund the speedometer and reach backup in the dash behind the cubby for the harnas for the switch