Seatbelt question

90TGP

No. Correct me if I'm wrong but 94' and up have the totally passive belts rather than the automatic dealies.

that sounds like the nomenclature used from my previous experience with seat belts. quick fix...the 94+ have the red click thingy while the pre94 have the metal oldschool click thingy. :wink:

btw, why do you want to swap your seat belts?

quick fix...the 94+ have the red click thingy while the pre94 have the metal oldschool click thingy.

Actually the newer style are mounted to the body instead of in the doors. You'd need new door panels, new rear interior body panels, and then I'm not even sure the body would be strengthened in the right spots for seatbelts.

I think the 94 Cuttys and Regals (and GP coupes) still had the door mouted belts, albeit the "newer" style with the narrow buckle. I'm sure if you swapped over the belts and the floor mounted buckles you should be okay...

As far as Grand Prix's go, the coupes kept the belts on the door, and the sedan moved them to the pillars in 1994. DiscoStudd is right, as long as you take the floor anchors, it should work fine.

Oops...sorry I thought all cars moved the belts to the B-pillar in 94'.
Nope, for some reason the GP coupe kept the door-mounted belts 'till 96. I've had some ideas running through my head on switching my GP's door-mounted belts over to the pillar mounted belts, but I decided it really aint worth the effort...