1990lumina

Hey guys I know this was discussed before as I did a search, however I think I have a more specific question.

I'm looking at buying this for my Lumina: http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027021&pathId=56

I'm doing this because I would love to keep my factory CD player, however, the cd mechanism is borken and it is just not worth it in my opinion to get it fixed, but it sounds better then the cassette deck, (the radio still works awesome!) So I'm looking at this FM modulated JVC above.

Does anyone has this one in their car? I know a lot of people have Sony changers, but personally I like JVC better (I can get the Sony or JVC for

the same price). What is your opinion on this changer?

I'm looking at either putting this changer in my console in the Lumina (I measured and it will fit with little modification. I noticed there is a power cable in the bottom on the console to, going to the gear shift light I'm guessing. Do you think I could splice the wiring from the changer and the light together, or is that just a small guage wire and not capable of running the changer?

One other option is the trunk, though there is tons of room in the trunk (I'd probably mount it on the rear deck deallie where the speakers are mounted.) I don't know of any power in my trunk. Other then splicing it into the trunk light wire, or the tail lights IS there any other wiring in the trunk I could splice into?? I can't find anything, I don't have a power antenna so I don't know what else I could do short of running a new wire into the trunk..

Which option would you do given the specific changer, and what would you do for power. I'd say I prefer the trunk as there's lots of room, the antenna is right there pretty much.

Thanks!!

- Jeff L.

Wanna keep the factory look but also want to seamlessly add an aftermarket CD changer? I say hit up eBay for a newer Lumina TheftLock cassette stereo (I just bought a remanufactured Pontiac TheftLock on eBay for $4.99!) Then hit up THIS PAGE to find an adapter so you can hook up that JVC CD changer directly to the CD changer output of the TheftLock stereo. You'll be able to control the JVC changer with the controls on the TheftLock stereo! Just be sure the TheftLock stereo you get is from a 95 or newer because the 94's didn't have the changer control output...

Here's some examples of the stereos I speak of:

4a_1.JPG

Pontiac TheftLock

c4_1.JPG

Chevy TheftLock

http://www.installer.com/adapt.html