2nd Gen Lumina's

Sleeper_Lumina

Hey, I'm new to the forum

How many people are into the 2nd Gen (or i guess 1.5 gen) Lumina's? I'm about to buy one and i was just wondering what kind of people out there drive them, and what their plans with them are.

Presently i own an 89 VW Diesel Golf...with more problems than a ford :roll:

thanks I hope to learn alot here,

Jeff

I'm about to buy one and i was just wondering what kind of people out there drive them, and what their plans with them are.

first of all, welcome aboard...

....then to answer your question, most people who drive 1.5G luminas are women over the age of 60 that can't drive for shit and their plans for them include,.never changing the oil/spark plugs/wires/tires/coolant and running into the nicest car they can find while battling over a parking spot at the local Wal-Mart while doing last minute christmas shopping

if you MUST get a lumina, get a Z

....then to answer your question, most people who drive 1.5G luminas are women over the age of 60 that can't drive for shit and their plans for them include,.never changing the oil/spark plugs/wires/tires/coolant and running into the nicest car they can find while battling over a parking spot at the local Wal-Mart while doing last minute christmas shopping

:P thanks for that description....BUT if thats true, it'll be even more of a surprise to that honda (and it would be cooler) when it gets smoked....i don't think it would be that hard to beat a honda with a 3.1....my buddy has a honda with some engine stuff done to it and my dads bone stock lumina would eat it

:P thanks for that description....BUT if thats true, it'll be even more of a surprise to that honda (and it would be cooler) when it gets smoked....i don't think it would be that hard to beat a honda with a 3.1....my buddy has a honda with some engine stuff done to it and my dads bone stock lumina would eat it

a LOT of honda will smoke a W with a 3100........if you are worried about trying to be fast don't get w-bodie at all ....if you want to be "realtively quick" get a 3.4DOHC......

A stock "Granny" Lumina with a swapped-in L67 (Supercharged 3800 Series II) would make for a killer sleeper. If you wanna shock the rice boys, get the planest-looking Loomie you can find (column shift, 15" steelies) swap in an L67, and mod the hell out of the motor.

If you only want to mildly shock your "opponents," get a 98-99 Loomie 9C3 (police package.) They are as granny looking as they get, but the dual exhaust is a dead giveaway that it has the n/a 3800 (L36.)

If you want "show and go" then get an LTZ (98-99.) They look just like a 4-door Z34 and have the same drivetrain...