This sucks

z34_nut

Well in August, its official, i'm moving to California.

now i love california, and most of my family resides out there, so theres plenty reason to move there (more in the region of sacramento).

but heres the part that sucks. more then likely i'm gonna have to sell my car, simply because i know at this point in time, my car doesn't have a chance of passing smog inspections. now this really depends on which area of california i move to, but basically this thing might be for sale.

but don't hold your breath on when i'm selling it or for how long. but do you guys think that its more realistic to tune this car up and attempt to get it fixed, or to just buy a new car once i get out there?

well theres nothing done to it as far as i'm concerned,

FFP chip, and a K&N filter.

its got a brand new tranny in it (well 400 miles now).

also it has 233,8xx miles on the engine.

it should pass just fine how it is then.

really?

my sisters 1990 gutlass international failed completely bone stock, with a tune up. ended out selling the car because it failed.

now with my car, i know its running rich, i can smell it, i mean, do you think running a complete tune up would aid in this? this includes injectors, plugs wire coils cat o2 sensor (i know my 02 is bad, i ran scan tool and it threw clearly stated o2 sensor, and wheel speed sensor)

my muffs are about 2 years old, but are perfect, besides, there midas gold baby.

Do a tune up and run it on a scanner to see what the computer itself is seeing. New cat or like brian said, 2nd cat for inspection:P There is absolutely no reason your car can't pass emissions though.