T-Top 96' Cutty

Speckkial

I'm thinking about doing something crazy to my car for the summer. Does anyone know if later models (90-97s) can be t-topped? I spoke to a couple of people and they said it might not be doable because of the frame of the car and all. Is that true?

I think it'd work, but you'd have a LOT to do, after all, they did make them convertables - you'd probably want to look at one of the convertables to see how they set up the door frame and such tho.

--Dave.

the roof rail on the doors wasn't a problem for the convertables....

I think it'd be somethin' that'd be very do-able, maybe not easy, but do-able.

--Dave.

the roof rail on the doors wasn't a problem for the convertables....

I think it'd be somethin' that'd be very do-able, maybe not easy, but do-able.

--Dave.

waste of money

simply because of the labor and parts that would be need to convert. makes sense to me just go out and buy a REAL cutty drop top if you want a drop top.

a few years ago i pieced a old 88' daytona backtogether with a friend, it had the t tops in it that were done by ASC, any other daytona with just a hard top had framed doors, but on this car you could see where asc had cut the frame off the door and attatched it to the unibody the used it to make up the side of the t top, it was very neat how they did it. they did a very good job too.

The roof is a major structural part of the unibody. You'd have to brace and reinforce the car similarly to how they did the convertible. There was a TON of bracing and reinforcement in the convertible... behind the wheels, under the door sills, between the rear wheels, above the fuel tank, core support... lots of places. The roof is very important to keep intact.

If you just go ahead and cut, the car will become a floppy mess. First time it gets hit, the passenger cabin will fold up like a paper airplane.

go with the easiest install ever. just get a ragtop moonroof and install it they have all different sizes and they are easy to install. i just installed one in a 1994 chey s-10 this summer and it was about a 3 or 4 hour job