Clear Headlights

skiiirt

I was wondering if there was any way to clear my headlights

16520813.jpg

I want to get rid of the grid and make it perfectly clear

Anyone know how one could do this?

I want to put xenons in but i dont want them looking like a big bag of ass

The only way your going to get those lights "clear" is to take them apart and do a hell of a lot of grinding/sanding and polishing. The grid is cast into the backside of the glass, plus its a functional part of the headlight. It acts as the refractor since we don't have projector type headlamps, which means if you alter it your beam pattern is likely to blow monkey nuts.

tell me what shines clearer, a light through a glass window or a light through blinds?

I want my lights to be brighter. plus xenon looks way better with cleared lens covers

I've seen xenon lights with and without that plastic grid and I like it much better without

tell me what shines clearer, a light through a glass window or a light through blinds?

I want my lights to be brighter. plus xenon looks way better with cleared lens covers

I've seen xenon lights with and without that plastic grid and I like it much better without

Ahh ok.. so you can be one of those assholes that drive behind my car and blind me.... :cuss:

jk :wink:

Ahh ok.. so you can be one of those assholes that drive behind my car and blind me.... :cuss:

jk :wink:

:shock: HEY!!...LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS!!! :lol:

ive been blinded everyday. figure its my turn to do the dirty work

that was eXACTLY what i thought when i put my silverstars in and then my blazertech fogs!! :lol: ...SOMEDAY i plan on HID's...but, that may never happen :cry:

ive been blinded by m3's m5's and the BMW SUV's

All of which should be "done right"

they are still incredibly bright and at the wrong angle become an eye sore

the worst is my side mirrors, for some reason the cutty is at the exact height where every truck and SUV's lights seem to be directly pointed at them, u can see my face lit up if u were on the opposite side of the road lookin into my car

I have to lean forward to get the glare out of my eyes. i have even tried adjusting the mirrors

ive been blinded by m3's m5's and the BMW SUV's

All of which should be "done right"

they are still incredibly bright and at the wrong angle become an eye sore

the worst is my side mirrors, for some reason the cutty is at the exact height where every truck and SUV's lights seem to be directly pointed at them, u can see my face lit up if u were on the opposite side of the road lookin into my car

I have to lean forward to get the glare out of my eyes. i have even tried adjusting the mirrors

i don't think your the only w-body owner like that.

The fluted pattern isn't blinds. They disperse and scatter the light where it's supposed to go. Your beam pattern will be screwed up without them.

If you're just going to use replacement bulbs, then leave the pattern alone. If you're going to retrofit HID projector lamps into them, then there's 2 ways you can clear them out.

1. As has been mentioned before, sand, sand, sand, and then polish the crap out of it. It'll probably come out wavy and/or foggy looking though. At least that was the case with the one I've seen that someone tried this.

2. Heat some clear Lexan (polycarbonate) until it's soft and set it on the headlight assembly so that it takes the shape of the headlight lens. Then cut out a section of the headlight and a section of the Lexan and glue it into place.

I've seen both methods done, and the 2nd method looks more professional. Both takes a ton of work.

thanks for the info. Maybe I'll do it during summer

sounds like a lot of work. I would like to upgrade my lights but im sure i have other mechanical issues that would be a better investment