sniff sniff....might have to sell my car

Euro

As a fellow Lumina owner, I say FIX IT!

I'm about to put a new transmission in my 1990 Lumina, although she has been being a beiotch the past few weeks.

Case and point:

It's locking in park, and you have to rock it to get it moving, and not going into reverse so I took it to the dealer so that I knew I would get an honest answer. They tell me it needs internal work.

I go to pick it up, and the battery is dead, plus the drivers door is stuck closed now.

I come back the next day with another battery, and she still won't start. It turns out she is too low on gasoline to prime. She is locked in the dealers fence and I can't get back there after they close, so I push her outside the fence so that I can work on her anytime.

The dealer calls me a few days later(my Mother had to go into the hospital) and tells me that I have to move it from in front of the dealer.

I just went back TONIGHT to retrieve her. Her turning radius is so darn large, that I was having to push her backwards from the passengers door, and when she gets rolling, jumping accross the console and driving her until she could not go any farther, then climbing out and pushing her backwards again. Was I upset? Does this tell you anything? :cuss:

Still, I can't bring myself to get rid of her. I'm going to have the transmission rebuilt. She is a black 1990 Euro Coupe, and I have never seen another one like her. She has grown on me.

Look at what all I've been though, and I am still keeping my Loomie. Surley you can too.

:worship: 1990 Lumina Euro Coupe :worship:

when does changing pads and rotors take 30 minutes, and cost $50? What are you buying and what drugs are you taking? Pass it! :lol:

took me around 45 min, and costs around $60 to do both sides, front.

Rear struts are super easy on these cars because they don't have coil springs (yay, rear leaf is good for SOMETHING).

Do it yourself, it shouldn't take more than 45-minutes to replace both.

its at a Merlin muffler and brake..

I tell ya this place used to be cool, they did my front pads/rotors for like $200 installed, and they put on my dynomax muffler for exactly $20.

i used to get a 20% discount,psshh guess that aint happenin anymore. bastards

I've had Flowmasters installed on multiple cars at Merlin. They do great work, but charge you up the ass.