sniff sniff....might have to sell my car

Euro

Last night while driving home from work, i felt the right rear strut go. the rear end felt every single crack in the road. SO, i took it in today, and we're looking at around $300 for new rear struts. BUT, we were told that the rear strut housings might need to be replaced, so if so, then a big ole $700.

So, my dad said, do we really want to put that much more money into the car, or we could sell it with the bad struts, or fix it and sell it.

I almost fell over when i heard this

we're supposed to talk about it tonight or tomorrow, so i'll keep you updated :bawl:

Git-R-Done :thumbsup:

if you sell your broken car you won't get nearly what you want out of it so your going to be set back pry as much if not more than if you just fix the strut

WHAT??!?! thats a load of BS. goto a yard if you must get a cheep fix and pull a whole strut assembly. heck KYB GR2s are cheep enough, get them and whatever other parts you need from a junkyard.

rear strut HOUSINGS?!?! What the hell are they talking about? Sounds like a strut mount blew on you. Between new struts ($50 ea) and new mounts ($40 ea) Labor for replacing the mounts shouldn't be additional if you're getting the struts anyway.

Strut housings.......I assume he doesn't mean the unibody/towers, even if it was, it wouldn't be $700 to "replace"

Yea I agree that a "strut housing" might be like a muffler bearing or blinker fluid, The strut bearing where the strut attaches at the top is about $35. Thats the only thing that can really go wrong beside spring.

The strut is about $60, easy to change, 2 bolts on the bottom and 1 or 3 on top depending on if you replace the strut bearing or not

Yea I agree that a "strut housing" might be like a muffler bearing or blinker fluid

:lol:

Or an "upper" ball joint...like some b00b at TireDiscounters tried to tel me was worn out

Last night while driving home from work, i felt the right rear strut go. the rear end felt every single crack in the road. SO, i took it in today, and we're looking at around $300 for new rear struts. BUT, we were told that the rear strut housings might need to be replaced, so if so, then a big ole $700.

So, my dad said, do we really want to put that much more money into the car, or we could sell it with the bad struts, or fix it and sell it.

I almost fell over when i heard this

we're supposed to talk about it tonight or tomorrow, so i'll keep you updated :bawl:

FIX-IT !!!

ok so it wasnt the strut housing....it probably is the strut brace, or mate bearing? is what it says here on the estimate.

this is whack, Monro-Matic Plus Gas strut,1 of them is $135!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways, they said its really not a driving hazard. and when i drove it today, i couldnt tell at all that anything was bad in the rear. So, maybe this summer ill start looking for a new car

I believe the matics are below the sensatracs. What shop do you have it at?! Get it fixed...somewhere else. To be honest go to Belletire for the struts they are cheap for that kind of shit.

its at a Merlin muffler and brake..

I tell ya this place used to be cool, they did my front pads/rotors for like $200 installed, and they put on my dynomax muffler for exactly $20.

i used to get a 20% discount,psshh guess that aint happenin anymore. bastards