I found a supercharger for the 3.4 DOHC

BulletGTP

He acts like there is no parasitic hp loss from the alternator working harder to provide enough juice for that motor. This would be an especially bad idea for 3.4 cars, unless they enjoy alt replacement.

Thats such a scam :lol:

Just like the tornado :roll:

Hey now I watched an infomercial on the tornado and it dyno'd 20 more horsepower then stock. :lol: (serious)

Yea I know ive seen those commercials also. And it shows some insane amount of fuel economy gain. Its all bullshit, ive heard its like putting a brick in the intake :lol:

You have to be a complete moron to pay $139 for that, I cant believe people actually fall for it, mainly ricers I'm guessing

Love this in his feedback, "Super charger is Weak, I Repeat, DOES NOT ADD HP. Tool two months to deliver"

I think an a good metal fabricator/mechanic could mount an eaton m98 where the a/c compressor is on the 3.4, some brackets adapted to the block mounting, some alum bracket welding to the blower. A block off plate w/ outlet on the pressure side and some tubing and you would have it, or you could cut the top off the intake and weld a blower mounting plate too it and bolt on the blower+cowl hood :roll: course a helluva lot more is needed to supercharge a car than a compressor

the only way that would work is if we had a 1.5 Liter engine. lol. look shotty

Ironic coming from you...and IMO its a better setup than you had, looks bigger, and I think we can agree your's is good for something...

I thought someone on this forum actually bought one of those and claimed it worked? :think:

Yeah, it was sonyman, but his is different looking.

That one looks like a plastic turbocharger. I thought sonyman had an E-ram.

Seen these before... if it had the same kind of impeller as a centrifugal S/C or even a Roots, then I could see some hp gain, but a squirl cage fan in and of itself won't create much actual pressure. It will flow quite a bit though. I would guess that IF it was sized correctly, it would MAYBE make 2psi of boost.. MAYBE!

Mike

Yes sonyman does have an Eram, which to the best of my knowledge does LESS than that one. But still, Sonyman's helped a lot according to him.

It pisses me off how people leave him bad feedback cuz it "won't fit their car." bullshit, that thing can be installed on any car on the market, with ease on some time(except obviously forced induction cars).

It depends on how many RPM that bilge blower can spin. If it can't crank the RPM's, it won't flow enough air to help. If it doesn't flow enough air, it becomes an impediment rather than helping.

Remember, it has to flow more air than 6 pistons can suck.

Now if it had a highly efficient electric motor that could spin 50,000 or better RPM, then I would think maybe it really works. I kind of doubt it though... a plastic fan would probably disintegrate at those speeds.

Turbodyne used to have some real electric superchargers. Called TurboPac I think. It was the entire compressor part of a turbocharger connected to an electric motor. I don't know if you can still get them. Last I looked into it, I thought Turbodyne got bought out by Garrett who got bought out by Honeywell. I never heard anything about the electric supercharger after that, but here's a spec sheet:

http://home.arcor.de/hildst/2500.html

I have seen the electric superchargers on ebay, one unit had 3 prestolite starter motors on it, I think they are drawing 100-150 amps each motor , that would be a beaut on a 3.4 alt :lol: