best tire size

rudefyet

what would you guys suggest for a set of 16x8 crosslaces

I wanna go with a 245 tire like the TGP has...but at the same time fill in some of that wheel gap with a taller tire

somone suggested 245/55/16 to me

anyone have that size on their w-body or a similar they recommend & could show me pics of

EDIT: nm...just discovered 245/55/16 isn't a real size

i'll just get a set of 245/50/16s

my 235/55/16s fill in my wheel well much better than the old 215/60/16s. I dont have pics yet, I just got them on last week. TGP tires were 245/50 I think so 245/55 would be a little taller

My personal preference is to go as wide as the width of the wheel will allow. On a 8" rim, you can go up to 255's. A 255/50R16 is only 0.6" smaller in diameter than the 245/55R16 you were considering (and only 0.3" smaller than the stock 205/70R15's).

If it were me and I wanted to make sure the wheel well was filled, I would put on P255/50R16's.

Be sure to check tire specs first. It's not just width, but also sidewall. Lower profile sidewalls need a wider rim.

235/55-16 will probably fill the wheel wells a little better than 245/50-16. It's a little bigger in diameter.

You don't want to go so wide that the sidewall buldges outward.......like the 97+ Ws with their 225s and 6.5" wide wheel.

I have 225's on my wheels which are only 6" wide and my sidewalls do not bulge outward much at all. Maybe it depends on the type of tire and it's sidewall design.

Stick with 245/50/16.

You don't want to go so wide that the sidewall buldges outward.......like the 97+ Ws with their 225s and 6.5" wide wheel.

My 93 SE and my 01 GTP have no "buldge" and they both have 6.5'' wide wheels + 225/60/16's. When you throw 245/50's on the 6.5'' wheels, they do look buldged a great deal though(lots of GTP owners run 245/50's on the stock "torque stars" and other wheels of the same width).

245/50-16 looks good on a TGP, but chances are, it's not a bigger diameter that what you already have. Unless at some point someone put some really small tires on your car.

245/50-16 looks good on a TGP, but chances are, it's not a bigger diameter that what you already have. Unless at some point someone put some really small tires on your car.

I understand that

I figure i'll have to lower it bout as much as yours to fill in that nasty gap