magnaflow v. flowmaster

Grand Moff Joseph

In looking at other members' cars and other cardomain pages, I notice that there is alot of Magnaflow and Flowmaster exhausts used on the W-bodies.

So, which brand seems to be better, or is it all a coin toss, and I should just choose on price?

you know, you're 100% right. I totally forgot about the search function...and the asshat award goes to me today. :oops:

Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Guest TurboSedan
I'll leave you with this thought:

Flowmasters have been scientifically proven to hurt performance on a car.

:roll:

the truth hurts :lol: but hey if you like how it sounds who cares?

:roll:

the truth hurts :lol: but hey if you like how it sounds who cares?

you're right. i've never heard a Magnaflow, or any straight-through muffler on a w-body sound as good as my setup.

anyways, i highly doubt you'll notice a performance difference even at the track between Flowmaster and Magnaflow mufflers.

yeah but you would have to have a car that actually performs for that to matter.

Even with THAT being said, Flowmasters in a 2.5'' in/out variety will suffice for ANY W-body on this board. To put this in perspective, go to your local track and ask the people running 11's, 12's, etc. w/ their V8 powered cars w/ full exhausts what type of mufflers they're running. I have a friend here that runs 11.8's at best in the 1/4 in his 1992 Mustang that is running a catback w/ two 2.5'' in/outlet 40series flowmasters. My friend is however switching to some Dynomax Ultraflows + another h-pipe soon. :wink:

Well, it won't fit my 90 Lumina...it has 2" pipes, not 2.5". :(

Why would you bother with a replacement muffler if you aren't going to at least throw a 2.5" cat and piping on it?

That's what I'm putting on my '91 Lumina, 2.5" catco cat, 2.5" mandrel bent pipe (leftover pieces that aren't getting used on anything else), and an Imco turbo muffler. Total cost is under $100

- Justin

• 4 weeks later...

I pretty much have the same set up on my 92 White Lumina as

93CutlassSupreme has on his car. I got a custom bent 2.5 in exhaust, with high flow cat and 2 dual 40 series flowmasters. I love em. The car receives much attention specially from rice. its even better when i gto my rims on in the summer.

I sure hope you don't mean compared to stock. Have you ever seen the innards of a stock GM muffler from like 1993+? Not pretty.

The 2nd day i how my Regal i got the good only cutter out and off when my muffler and i love the sound. Nice deep, loud sound. Sounds awsome wide open. Well atleast i think so. Cops dont

The 2nd day i how my Regal i got the good only cutter out and off when my muffler and i love the sound. Nice deep, loud sound. Sounds awsome wide open. Well atleast i think so. Cops dont
The 2nd day i how my Regal i got the good only cutter out and off when my muffler

Do you read what you type?